• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Help me I'm scared..

T

TorriVega

So recently I noticed enamel wearing down at the bottom of my teeth. Just a very little I been without dental for a year and my teeth are crooked I forget to brush a little here and there lately I been catching up with sensodyne pronamel I feel sensitivity in the back of my front teeth. And I haven't eaten in 3 days cause I'm scared my two front teeth will fall out I keep pressing them to make sure and I keep getting panic attacks and I don't want my teeth to fall out I catch my self checking if they're loose alot... Sometime I feel like they shift but it could be in my head....

Well all my teeth move slightly, and always have, there is a layer of ligament around teeth...and a teeny weeny slight movement happens with pressure. It takes a fair amount for teeth to become loose and fall out, years of lack of care and gum problems which cause bone erosion. (I'm not a dental expert by any stretch, just saying what I've been told when I did have gum probelms year ago), If you have receding gums and sensitivity, then you could have gingivitis (gum inflammation and bacteria in the pockets between the teeth), so a visit to the dentist to have a check then a hygienist clean might be in order to reverse the gum problem. If its only a year since you last went then I really think its highly unlikely there is anything really serious going on. Why not take a quick visit to be checked ?

Back