• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I did it!

W

Wolfsrule18

I am a month out from having 22 teeth extracted and getting partials. I'm really happy with my new smile. I don't feel self conscious anymore. I just wanted to send out encouragement that I know it's a struggle and if you just started with this process your probably thinking it's gonna be impossible. The drool,the pain,the learning to eat and talk again. Let me tell you though! I'm able to eat,talk almost normal. I don't drool anymore and the pain is gone! (Sweet sweet relief) so if your having a rough time keep pushing forward! I'm here to support you and remember at the end of this you will have a beautiful smile to be proud of!

I got 22 teeth extracted last month and tonight I finally was able to eat with my partials in. I can't believe I actually did it! Here is to pain free eating!

I'm so terribly excited for you! Congrats and keep up the good work!

:jump:

Brilliant news! Well done to you ?.

Congratulations!:jump: How did you manage it and were you sedated?

I'm getting ready to have the rest of my teeth taken out not tomorrow but the next day. I am going under IV sedation but I am still nervous. I hope I can go through with this

3 months ago I got 22 teeth pulled and partials to replace them. It was a long hard recovery including having a anaphylactic reaction to nickel during the surgery. But here I am 3 months later with 10 healthy remaining teeth. A beautiful smile I'm not ashamed of and I can swallow pills, drink anything and have even eaten steak! All the pain,fear and frustration was worth it.

That's wonderful news! Be proud of yourself. That's not easy to do.

Which partials did you get? I am about to start that adventure myself but just too replace several molars that I've had pulled over the years.

Did you have to have bone grafts done after the extractions?

Your story is an inspiration to many.

That's wonderful news! Be proud of yourself. That's not easy to do.

Which partials did you get? I am about to start that adventure myself but just too replace several molars that I've had pulled over the years.

Did you have to have bone grafts done after the extractions?

Your story is an inspiration to many.

Thanks! I'm not sure exactly which partials sorry about that. I know they are acrylic with metal clasps.
I didn't have any bone grafts done after the surgery but I will have to have them done if I ever get implants (which I plan on)

Hey, you enjoy those steaks.

You faced this. Well done.

Back