• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

After 18 months of worry I had 2 dental implants

S

ScaredMAB

Hi all, I just want to share with you that after worrying about it for about 18 months, I finally had 2 dental implants 9 days ago! From start to finish it took about 1 hour and 45 minutes. Done with local anesthesia. (plus .25 of a Xanax) The real surprise is that I had virtually no pain. I had flap surgery to expose the bone and the incision was slightly sore if I touched it and now 9 days later the stitches are pulling a bit. But basically wasn't bad at all.

I will confess that before we started anything, while chatting with the assistant I did shed a few tears, I was really frightened and my anxiety level was off the chart. (Stupid Xanax was worthless!!)

I am still early in the process and hope that the rest of the healing will go just as well. Also, I still have another implant to do on the other side. But by the time the flowers bloom in May I should be finished with all my restoration work.

To those of you who have offered encouragement and talked me off the "fear ledge" through this process, THANK YOU!

Back