• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Flexible partials - please tell me the pros and cons

F

famv5

I have had many teeth extracted over the years and will soon be having another. Implants are not in my short or long term plans, unfortunately.

My brother has the same teeth issues I do and got a flexible partial last year, mainly for cosmetic purposes. He is very happy with it. However, my hygienist says nothing positive about them and continues to push the implants.

I would love to hear from any of you that might have a flexible partial and what your opinion is about it. I'm looking into the ones that have no brackets but just form to your teeth.

I appreciate your honesty. I need to move forward with this and just want to have a better perspective on things.

Hi Fam 5,

I have gotten both, I got a partial lower 18 yrs ago because it was my only option financially and my bottom teeth were awful, but it gave me the cosmetic dignity I needed to feel better about myself. Would I do implants if I could have yes!! is it hard to have something moveable in your mouth, for me, yes.. the first denture I got was really good then I needed to redo and now these are just not good.. it is one of my goals to get a better fitting one or try implants down there when I have the money. so having both gone through one implant and a partial.. i would choose implant if i possibly could. but they are so expensive!

I think anytime you do whatever you can to take a step to feel better for yourself and help yourself it is a step in the right direction. :).. dentures are hard to eat with . that is my biggest thing.

Just wondering if anyone else has any experience with flexible partials. I'm doing as much research as I can right now. I'm leaning towards Valplast partials.

Implants are not an option. I understand that's the better route but at this time, I can't do that. Maybe it's something I can consider in the far future.

Would love more reviews. If you wear a different kind if partial, please let me know what kind and if you like it.

Thank you.

I may happy with my flexible partial however I’m learning it does take some time to get it comfortable and adjusted. My dentist says may take even four times. I’m on time two. Gets more comfy every time. As for the esthetics of the flexible partial I love it with no complaints. I’d really rather have implants , but this is doable for me. It does look natural. I just didn’t want any metal parts on my partial. It really reminds me of a retainer. They get easier and easier to use as the days pass. I’m glad I made the valplast choice. Was right for me. Hope this helps.

That is great to hear. I'm going to PM you for more information.

I have upper and lower partials, I find the bottom ones easier to wear, they include two front teeth so feel better when they are in and they replace back teeth on both sides. I struggle with the top ones that replace back teeth both sides again, they have the metal clasps which I hate, very visible at front and they don't stay in very well as they have no back support, I don't really bother with them which is a shame. I have learnt very well how to,eat without them. Hope yours fit better and you find success with them!

Back