• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

It felt so long ago...

V

veoh112

I remember when I was 17 and I finally went to the dentist after time and time of being too scared to go. At the time my teeth were slowly getting worse and worse and I barely even knew how bad my teeth were getting. My back teeth were breaking apart and somewhat painful, so I had to see a dentist. I was so scared, I hate being judged and when they looked at my teeth apart of me already knew what they were going to say but I wasn't ready. I'm 19 now and I had seen so many dentist, I remember before they extracted one of my front tooth they told me I could possibly die due to it hitting my nerve. As a depressed and unhappy 17 year old this traumatized me horribly. I was too scared and embarrassed to even talk about my teeth out loud, I would talk in my head about it. I wish I had come across this website sooner but I had been reading a lot of peoples post and Its very comforting that everyone supports each other. Till this day I am still getting my teeth fixed, thankfully I have insurance so I will be able to get a couple of crowns. But still its so much stress even for a 19 year old.

And it hurts me the most because everyone always tell me I am so pretty but a lot of the times I dont feel it and its very difficult for me. I dont know what is to come of the future and I am scared, but I hope it will be good things and not unfortunate events like how my life has been going. Thank you to whoever is reading this.

Veoh112,

Feeling the emotion behind your post. Feel free to vent, share and simply voice your story. There will always be someone here who reads and empathises with your personal story.

Wishing you all the best

Back