• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Trigeminal Neuralgia pain relieved

C

comfortdentist

Verified dentist
So on this new year let me first post a success on the worst of all the human conditions, Trigeminal Neuralgia.

While this is not a dental condition in the traditional sense patients with this affliction are often first seen by a dentist due to strong to severe facial nerve pain. I saw this patient after she had been suffering for about 2 years. She had been treated with every medication protocol and without significant help. She also had gamma knife procedure which seemed to make the pain worse and cost her about $30,000 out of pocket.

I had a long consultation with her and found one thing that hadn't been tried. The long story shortened down is that I was able to give her an injection that substantially reduced her pain for a couple of months. I will soon be seeing her again to repeat the treatment.
We are all very happy over the success.

Back