• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Worse case scenario

Also not bored, it’s inspirational to read how you’re getting on. You are so brave! Looking forward to your next update! X

Ok so another low day yesterday so trying to look positive today and find some good things and I've actually come up with a few. Amazing! (Sorry that was a bit trump like!)

Warning some slightly graphic detail contained below -
1. I've had hardly any pain from my extractions and haven't needed any pain relief this week at all. This probably indicates the dire state my teeth were in and the ease with which they came Out! I did not need any stitches and even the rouge one they took out Tuesday has been no bother.
2. I no longer need to change my pillow case every morning as I've yet again woken up in a pool of bloody drool from my disgusting gums.
3. I am trying to enjoy this enforced down time away from work. I put in long hours and rarely take time off so this is quite hard! My house will be sparkling and I'm catching up on my reading.
4. I'm sitting here in my super skinny jeans as I've already lost a good few pounds. Shame I can't show anyone.

See there are positives to having no teeth - sort of.

Next appointment this afternoon when I should get to see what my teeth will look like like.

I can only imagine how rough this had been, but I’m glad you’re able to see some silver linings in all of this. Hang in there and best of luck with your appt today!

Ok so another low day yesterday so trying to look positive today and find some good things and I've actually come up with a few. Amazing! (Sorry that was a bit trump like!)

Warning some slightly graphic detail contained below -
1. I've had hardly any pain from my extractions and haven't needed any pain relief this week at all. This probably indicates the dire state my teeth were in and the ease with which they came Out! I did not need any stitches and even the rouge one they took out Tuesday has been no bother.
2. I no longer need to change my pillow case every morning as I've yet again woken up in a pool of bloody drool from my disgusting gums.
3. I am trying to enjoy this enforced down time away from work. I put in long hours and rarely take time off so this is quite hard! My house will be sparkling and I'm catching up on my reading.
4. I'm sitting here in my super skinny jeans as I've already lost a good few pounds. Shame I can't show anyone.

See there are positives to having no teeth - sort of.

Next appointment this afternoon when I should get to see what my teeth will look like like.

First, I am so happy you’re feeling better and healing well! I’m definitely with you on the “positive side” to all that life without teeth involves.
I have gone down 4 sizes and look outstanding in my skinny jeans! :) I’m going to try to keep up with my eating less and eating healthy once I have my bridges, but my guess is I will more than likely start eating the house down brick by brick once I can actually chew again! LOL

I’m so happy you are feeling the health benefits to
being rid of your “bad teeth” already. I could not believe how much better I felt once mine were out! I used to have frequent headaches and pains shooting into my head from my jaw and my mouth was always in some stage of pain or soreness when I had my terrible teeth. That doesn’t exist for me anymore. My breath is also a lot sweeter, in fact it has no smell to it at all if that makes sense. Although it’s been difficult there are parts of me that wish I had it done sooner! Good luck today with your appointment, I look forward to your updates!

Quick update. Well wax try ins went well and I was allowed to take them home overnight to have a proper look at home in private!

Happy with how they look but took a bit of time to process as it's so long since I really looked hard in a mirror or had half decent teeth.

Still a bit worried about the bite and fit as is the dentist so he's going to get some more adjustments and so instead of having the finished article in Monday it will be another try in. I've come this far so a couple more days won't hurt I guess.

But the end of this stage is in sight. Learning to live with dentures will be stage 2! Can't believe it's now a week since my extractions. I've no pain now and healing fast. Being religious with rinsing but not oh boy I'm missing some food with texture!

Bit of a blow today which has left me a bit depressed. My appointment has been cancelled as the dentist is sick. Rebooked for tomorrow but that means at least another extra day toothless.

I'm going to need to try and get some more days off work as likely I will have only had the teeth a day or two by the time I have to go back. My job involves a lot of speaking especially on the phone so wanted a chance to get to grips with that at least before going back.

Am trying to eat but it's just so depressing and brings no pleasure just swallowing down yet more soup or mashed potato so weight is falling off and feel a bit weak - so today's challenge is to try and eat 3 decent meals of some sort.

Ugh! Cancelled appts can be so difficult. Especially when you psych yourself up to go. I also know how much you want to keep this process moving along. Fingers crossed for tomorrow!!!

As for food, have you tried smoothies to get some calories/protein? My favorite is chocolate soy milk, peanut butter, frozen banana, plain Greek yogurt (so much protein in the yogurt). If you can make a smoothie, maybe try a nutritional supplement drink like Boost (can’t remember if you are in the US or UK - this is a US name, but there are similar in the UK - get them at the grocery store or pharmacy) to get some good calories/nutrients/vitamins. Either one should help improve your energy and maybe your mood as well.

Sending good thoughts for today!

Hello,

So sorry for the cancelled appt. yes, super hard , especially when you are just SO ready!! Just something that I did but I discovered when I was having issues swallowing and needing soft food.. I found myself eating alot of gravy.. sounds a little crazy.. but it was like my protein in a way, maybe not that great to eat a ton of it. ha. but.. it was very tasty..just another idea :). I don't know if you like gravy much. i would get cans. but also get some from the chinese restaurant from the egg fou young.. and it was actually a bit filling. compared to some other soft foods . again sorry if it sounds a bit funny. and I hope everything goes well for tomorrow and dentist gets better and all ready to give his best!!

Sorry to hear this, it hard when an appointment get cancelled,

Thanks for the food suggestions. I did make a smoothie with some yoghurt and managed some lentil dhal with rice which was probably the tastiest thing I've eaten in DAYS!

Hoping for a good try in tomorrow and may be a set of teeth Wednesday...

We'll another day and still no teeth. Another try in but dentist still isn't happy so back again tomorrow afternoon.

I know it's the right thing to do but wow it's hard! I want my life back!

Sending good thoughts your way!!! Hang in there!

You very kindly replied to my first post on here yesterday and I was just looking round the forum and found your journal. I can’t get over the fact that you took the time to reply when you have just had all those teeth out and are waiting for your dentures. I’m totally in awe of you, you should be so proud of yourself for coming this far. I don’t know how you did it but I truly hope that everything is soon sorted for you. I look forward to reading more updates.

Claire, you are almost done! It's like running a marathon and you can see the finish line! In few steps you are there!

Hope they give you an apt very quickly. You have some hard days behind you but soon you're done. Don't forget being proud of you. And treat you well.

Another try in today and finally dentist is happy- I could not really see a difference but I could feel it so guess he knows what he's doing!

But my dentures now won't be ready until Saturday morning so another 2 full days to get through.....I can do this!

Roll on 9.15 Saturday when part two finally starts.

So glad you can see the light at the end of the tunnel!!! Can’t wait to hear how it goes on Saturday.

I’m so pleased to hear that your dentures will finally be ready by Saturday.

We'll I finally have my teeth!

Feels crazy wierd especially after 2 weeks of nothing. I'm sticking with it and about to attempt some scrambled eggs though feeling a bit queasy.

The tops needed adhesive partly because I was so nervous and my mouth was super dry. The bottoms seem ok but can feel a little sore spot.

Dentist said call and come in whenever I need next week.

Will keep you all posted!

Congrats and well done! :jump::jump::jump: Happy to hear that you have the teeth finally! You can be very proud of you, this journey wasn't an easy one..
How did it go with your sons? You were so concerned about this.. did they notice? Did you tell them?

OMG I can't believe you have been through all that! You are amazingly brave. What an inspiration, congratulations!

Back