• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Who Has Had Their Front Teeth Removed??

S

Superscared32

I am getting ready to go and have all my teeth removed in 5 or more like 4 now days. I am very scared and I haven't been to the dentist since I was 8. I have to get my front teeth removed a those are the ones I am the most worried about because I heard that the hurt the most. I also heard that canines are really difficult to remove and are painful as well.
I just would like to hear from some poeple who have had their front teeth removed. How did it go? Was it worse than any other teeth?

Hi Superscared,

I know how scared you feel, I went through the same thing, however I dno't know if it is top or bottom but at the age of 30 I got all my front 5 bottom teeth pulled. I was very scared but they were very bad and i was going aruond covering my mouth so my dentist at the time talked me into a lower partial denture that would be much better cosmetically. Well. I got my impressions done and that was the first time for that I was pretty scared about that but the dentist that did it was very chill and made it as easy as could be considering. Then i came back and got my teeth pulled.. I just remember this very good looking dentist walking in, and I was so scared I closed my eyes, and he walked me thorugh it gave me topical, I remember thinking when are you going to start. he said. I'm done.. you can go home. and gave me written instructions. it actually seemed pretty easy, and probably easiest teeth I ever had pulled he gave me local anesthetic shots around each tooth he said but i felt none of them.. so that was amazing.. I hope you have an experience like I did . it was pretty easy..and I really kept my mouth closed as much as I could not wanting to show this until I got my partial .

I really hope yours goes well, is it top or bottom?

Hi Superscared,

I know how scared you feel, I went through the same thing, however I dno't know if it is top or bottom but at the age of 30 I got all my front 5 bottom teeth pulled. I was very scared but they were very bad and i was going aruond covering my mouth so my dentist at the time talked me into a lower partial denture that would be much better cosmetically. Well. I got my impressions done and that was the first time for that I was pretty scared about that but the dentist that did it was very chill and made it as easy as could be considering. Then i came back and got my teeth pulled.. I just remember this very good looking dentist walking in, and I was so scared I closed my eyes, and he walked me thorugh it gave me topical, I remember thinking when are you going to start. he said. I'm done.. you can go home. and gave me written instructions. it actually seemed pretty easy, and probably easiest teeth I ever had pulled he gave me local anesthetic shots around each tooth he said but i felt none of them.. so that was amazing.. I hope you have an experience like I did . it was pretty easy..and I really kept my mouth closed as much as I could not wanting to show this until I got my partial .

I really hope yours goes well, is it top or bottom?

I am getting all of what is left of my teeth removed. I have 7 on the bottom all in the front that need to be removed. Most of my other teeth are gone. I am going under IV sedation so I hope it all goes well...

Back