• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Iv sedation

J

jack1995

Hello in havin iv sedation tomorrow I’m so scared of the dentist I have panic attacks every time I go what dose the sedation do dose it put me in a light sleep or dose it just calm me down and i still know what going on

Hi Jack,
I too am getting ready to go under IV sedation in about 3 days. I heard that you don't remember most of the procedure and you are awake but very relaxed. I also heard that you can ask for light or deep sedation before the appointment starts. I am going to ask for deep sedation because I am really scared. Come back and let me know how your appointment went :)

Hi Jack,
I too am getting ready to go under IV sedation in about 3 days. I heard that you don't remember most of the procedure and you are awake but very relaxed. I also heard that you can ask for light or deep sedation before the appointment starts. I am going to ask for deep sedation because I am really scared. Come back and let me know how your appointment went :)

I had it done today it was amazing dont even know why I was freaking out when I was called throug a doctor started putting the line in my arm I was then talking to the dentis about what’s teeth was being took out and I turnt to the doctor and asked if he’s put the stuff in for the sedation he already had done it then I felt so happy they put a little mask over my face you can hear them talk still and and ask you to open your mouth you can’t feel anything at all you have nothing to worry about