• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Root canal

I

Islandersgirl74

I’m getting two root canals on two front teeth next week. My appt is 430 in the afternoon and they said I.T takes about an hour and a half. I won’t have any problems with going to work the next day will I?

No, you shouldn't have any problem. I've gone to work right after my appointment the same day.

Good luck. Root canals are really super easy. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

No, you shouldn't have any problem. I've gone to work right after my appointment the same day.

Good luck. Root canals are really super easy. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
That makes me feel so much better. Thanks. Are they normally that long??

Mine have all taken about 90 min and, as the other poster said, I have gone right to work after at least one of them.

you should be fine. I went shopping at the mall after mine :giggle::)

I remember my root canal not being much different than a filling and I was completely fine after that. Could it be possible that they just planned a bit more time in to get you settled and just give you enough time and breaks during the procedure for your anxiety to stay at a managable level?

Mine all ranged from an hour to an hour and a half. Figure about 25 of those minutes to talk and numb you.

Are you going to an endodontist?

Mine all ranged from an hour to an hour and a half. Figure about 25 of those minutes to talk and numb you.

Are you going to an endodontist?

No my regular dentist does everything. Just wasn’t sure if for two root canals I.T would take longer.

I had no problems all I was told be careful what I eat in the first 24 hours as I had some local injection, so ate soft mash potato with cheese and had a strawberry angel delight.

Back