• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Finally took control of my mouth

B

BoW

Former Member
I am 59 years old and have had years of horrible dental problems, braces, extractions, fillings,crowns, root canals etc and late last year (with 24 teeth left) I went for an assessment with a local dentist who told me every single filling, root canal and crown had failed! And I would need everything redone, with first having a three visit intensive and expensive deep cleaning!
i told them I wanted my teeth removed and dentures instead, they said absolutely not.
went to second dentist,...same assessment same comment when I said dentures.
“We could be sued” they said
third dentist actually removed the two molars which were painful and said “Maybe, we can talk about further extraction “
finally went to an oral surgeon who agreed with me! (Shock!) and I had the remaining teeth extracted in Oct 2017
immediate dentures put in. Little pain, lots of liquids and soft foods for two months but I am so glad I did this finally.
wish I had done it sooner, I look amazing and can eat and talk well.
dont be scared of the proces, follow all directions and take care of yourself and this is doable!

That’s fantastic! I’m on the first 24 hours with the immediate dentures and I’m already amazed at the difference of my smile. It’s amazing.

I’m sorry it was such a process for you though. :(. I’ve found when you’re your own advocate and you really get proactive with your health it sometimes takes some pushing and work to find the right doctor for you but in the end, it’s so worth it, right?

Again, I’m so incredibly glad that you made it through!

Back