• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Silver fillings?

J

Jasmine123

Hey everyone hope you're all well! I've been really worried about my fillings for some time now as I'm a bit wary to ask certain questions about them to my dentist so I was wondering if I could ask people on here and hopefully get a response. Firstly, when did you guys notice you're fillings turning your tooth colour overall grey? Or is that something that could happen but not always? Also I was wondering what experiences others have had with replacing silver fillings with composite ones because I've not heard very good results around replacement fillings. Thank you!

grey staining happens over a long time

Thank you!! Roughly how many years?

Ive had mine replaced with the exception of one. I had one done yesterday as a matter of fact. My dentist said it was “leaky” and needed to be replaced. I’ve had tons done on the top and bottom with no issues except one. The others were compromised and needed to be fixed due ty my dental fear avoidance etc. so working through as I go. As far as esthetic it seems they looked much better after she’s changed them. But not sure this could be bc I had untreated cavities in addition.

Back