• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Top 50 most influential dentists in the UK

Perhaps when they did a count of the votes there was a bead missing from the abacus?

The voting finished before the latest tv documentary aired. I am delighted with 66th- there are alot of big names ahead of me- also as the list is actually the 'most influencial people in dentistry' (as voted by dentists/people in the dental profession) it actually also includes politicians, editors of dental journals etc.
There are literally thousands of votes cast- so to make it into the top 100 is quite an achievement!

I have been nominated for the 'dentist of the year award' run by the BDJ/Probe. I am one of 8 dentists nominated and will attend the 'oscar' style event in London next month- will let you know how i get on- am not holding my breath though- again there will be strong competition!

Hi all
The 'Dentistry Top 50' is back, and looking for votes for the most influential people in UK dentistry.
See dentistry.co.uk/top50/ if you are interested in voting.
2 of my colleagues and I are on the suggested list- (Jamie Newlands and David Dunlop.)

Last year I was delighted to sneak in at 49- but hadn't really told anyone about it. The previous year I reached the dizzy height of number 6- which was great as I think it helped highlight the importance of dental anxiety management to some others in the profession!
Vote now if you feel you want to get any 'anxiety management dentists' you know into the top 50 in 2011!

Thanks
Dr Mike Gow

Have voted for you, Mike :) (AND Gordon, and Lincoln... ;D even though they weren't on the list!)

Wat a cool idea! Somebody should do this in the US

I would vote for you, Mike, and Gordon too but don't care to divulge my personal info to do so. You're right, DW, that would be cool to have as a resource. Even the top "5" dentists from each state or something. I wonder if the ADA ever hosts any type of "contest" where patients can either vote or put in commendation for their dentist? I THINK there is such thing for childen's dentists but not positive.

This thread is quite an old one, however since joining this forum I have been waiting for an another opportunity to vote for some of the brilliant dentists on the field of treating nervous patients (I guess Dr. Mike Gow does not need it anymore, right)?

Just want to make sure.. someone out there / in here would let us know if there was a new voting, right? :)
Or I might just set the page as my homepage checking it every day until a voting appears.. :hmm:

Back