• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

How do you clean your teeth?

liberated

liberated

1. How do you clean your teeth? What tools do you use?
2. How long does it take you to clean your teeth (including everything)?
3. How often do you clean them?

Oh, I should have probably placed this to "Your two cents of worth". Initialy intended to place a poll with this, but I have changed my mind. Sorry to moderators, feel free to move it.

1. How do you clean your teeth? What tools do you use? Manual toothbrush
2. How long does it take you to clean your teeth (including everything)?less than 1:10 :redface:
3. How often do you clean them? atmost 7 times a week....I forget alot and am not in the habit of doing so:(

1. I use a manual brush when I get up in the morning. Before bed, I use both an electric and a manual, then regular floss for the teeth I can reach and one of those floss-on-a-handle things for back where I can't reach well.
2. How long does it take you to clean your teeth (including everything)? In the morning it only takes two or three minutes-- I'm mainly worried about getting the sticky, filmy feeling off my teeth and the inside of my mouth. At night, I'd guess about three or four minutes with the electric, then just a quick few seconds over the biting surfaces with a manual, and then it takes me a while to floss. I've just started and I'm not so good at it yet. :redface:
3. How often do you clean them? Twice a day, once quickly, once well.

1) Start out by brushing with Oral B electric....then use small travel sized proxy brush to gently go between each tooth and gently massage gums and get stuff out between (floss sometimes)...then I rinse again and then rinse with Biotene for dry mouth...keeps the gums nice and healthy and pink and has NO alcohol which dries the mouth. I always do this 2-3 times a day. However...lately with my FEAR of my bottom gums...Im doing this same routine much more being that Im home most of the time working for our business.

2) Dont laugh.....Im starting an exercise regime so Im trying to kill two birds with one stone here.... as I do the above I usually slap my right foot up on the toilet and do very slight "30" knee bends/lunges while I brush one side...then I turn around and take the left foot up do the same thing and count to 30 as I brush another side....and then again same thing for both sides on the uppers! lol. This turns out to be just like when Im laying on the floor doing leg lifts counting to 30 which turns out to be about 1 minute per 30 counts so I guess Im actually brushing my teeth for 4 minutes!! LOL At least it allows me to get each quad brushed on outside, inside and top surfaces and get exercise to start my day.

3) Used to be 2-3 times a day but lately with my fear of my dilema on bottom front gums....Im constantly finding myself in there after each meal for the most part...luckily Im home working for our business right now...

I use Sonicare Electric Toothbrush, Reach Floss with Flouride, Crest Pro Health Rinse (AM), ACT Restoring Mouthwash (PM)

My toothbrush has a timer so I brush for 2 mins, flossing usually takes about 2-3 mins and rinse for 1 min, So it would seem to take about 5-6 mins but it always seems like I'm in there for 15 mins :)

Usually twice a day, but if I am in a rush I will just brush in the AM and then do the whole routine when I get home and again at night before bed.

i clean my teeth every morning using a manual tooth brush for at least 3 minutes and then rinse my mouth with mouthwash i always intend doing the same in the evening but sometimes i forget

1, I use one of those Pulsar battery tooth brush's, Its ok although I find the head a bit big (its a medium) not entirely sure whether its a giimick or it actually works but it does do the job ok!

2, maybe a couple of minutes, I usually brush for a minute or so and then use mouth wash for 30 seconds or so

3, I try to do them twice a day but some evenbings im so tired I just kind of fall into bed without thinking, always do them in the morning though!

i have changed the way i clean my teeth i now use an oral b electric toothbrush and clean day and night without fail some times i brush 3 times a day. it takes a good 3 minutes each time i clean.

Rinse with Plax
Sonicare 5500 2x a day / usually 4 min each go around
Floss - 3-5 min <-- only at night
Rinse Listerine Orange

I clean my teeth after I have eaten lunch and I brush for half an hour. I brush my teeth three times then I floss and then I brush three more times then I am done.
After I have eaten my dinner I start the whole proccess again because I don't want to get any more cavities. I put toothpaste on my toothbrush and brush once then I do it a second time and then a third and some times a fourth. I floss my teeth then I brush my teeth another 3 times which makes that seven times and I am in the bathroom for half an hour every time I brush them. I also floss twice a day and take my Listerine mouth wash at night when the efect of my toothpaste wears off. I am using colgate Sensitive Multprotection.

I use a Oral B brush 2x a day and floss 2x a day.........

I am currently using the new OralB Pulsonic toothbrush. I brush with Rembrandt Intense Stain, rinse with Rembrandt Whitening Rinse in the morning and Crest Pro-Health Rinse at night. I also floss at night, in between brushing and rinsing. I can't exactly see the point in flossing in the morning if I didn't eat since I last brushed!
I brush for the 2 minutes the toothbrush tells me, then I take another 30-60 seconds going over my front teeth since they are the most stained. I floss for however long it takes me to go around them all, then rinse according the bottle's instructions (one is 30 sec and one 60 I believe).
I occasionally brush after lunch too but since I am at work it's not always possible. I used to chew a lot of Dentyne gum but have had to quit that while waiting for my crown and will probably have to stay quit once I get it.
I was previously using a Sonicare but it was just too hard to wield around my mouth. I also have the Colgate Pro-Health weekly cleaning paste but have only used it once so far.

I didn't know there were so many ways to brush teeth. ;D

I brush them usually twice a day with an electric toothbrush. I find that I can do a much better job than I can do with a manual. Then most evenings, I floss them with a floss pick. Again, the floss picks do a better job than just the string, and I can do it more efficently.

The amount of time I take is around five minutes in the evening and a couple of minutes in the morning.

I also use a mouthwash occasionally. Both the toothpaste and mouthwash are made by CloSys.They contain no alcohol or something else that most toothpastes have. Before I used these, my wife complained that I had bad breath all of the time. Now I rarely hear that comment.

Yes I can imagine the earlier poster is doing more damage than good with all that brushing. Aren't you likely to destroy the enamel going at it for so long each day?

Sonicare Elite electric toothbrush - morning and night for two minutes. I use interdental brushes and floss prior to cleaning in the evening. Flouride mouthwash, Colgate Total whitening toothoaste, and Sensodyne Pro Enamel at nught

1. Use my electric toothbrush

2. Around 40s-1min each brush

3. twice a day(sometimes i forget)

Right now I use a manual brush with crest pro health paste atleast 4 times a day. I rinse with warm saltwater after I eat or drink anything.
And I use Crest Pro health mouthwash only before bed, and only because I hate waking up with death breath.

I will admit that I dont floss. Its way scary...heck I only JUST started brushing my teeth, but I've been sticking with it. Everynight for the last 4 months..even if Im mega tired I still drag myself to the bathroom.

Manual brush, Oral B medium stiffness
Oral B Glide Tape
Plastic picks that you can usually find at wallgreens, etc.
Set of autoclaived picks and probes from the office

Takes me about 12 minutes

Manual brush with Dawn dish detergent, then soaked in Stain Away or diluted Listerine alternately at night. I brush several times a day, whenever I've eaten anything that requires chewing. Sometimes just to freshen up. I carry a toothbrush in my purse for meals away from home. My normal routine takes about 3 minutes.

Yes, I have dentures. :giggle:

When I still had my natural teeth, I brushed with a Sonicare toothbrush for 2 minutes with various name-brand flouride toothpastes. Morning and night, and often times between. I wasn't as good about flossing because the floss would catch on fillings and I actually popped one out that way. :o

Before I got the Sonicare, I brushed with a soft-bristled manual Oral-B. I did damage my teeth from over-brushing, as I'd really scrub for several minutes at a time. I also used StimuDent picks regularly.

Back