• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Part 2

Mary
I'm so sorry he was so rude about your weight..unprofessional personal remark...calculated to make you crumple I think...what a jerk and bully.

Why suddenly this interest in your bottom teeth - this would involve new expense for you right?
He asks this after you have mentioned complaining on the phone?
Is there any way you could get some legal advice or approach your local State Dental Board?
If he is still doing a new denture it may work out ok but I agree you should go elsewhere for any additional work you need.
:grouphug:
Really pleased your daughter is doing so well.

Ok this just keeps getting worse.
I will try and explain.

I have Medic-cal insurace...it covers medical and dental...sometimes the insurance wii cover dentures but it can take up to 6 monthst to be approved and my dentist told me that they probly woulden't approove it so I was better off just paying for it.

Ok so I think well ya I can't wait that long so I ask to borrow the money from my mom.My mom says yes and come into to town to the office with me and pays about 3,000 dollors in cash...So this morning I call my insurance to say I will be changing my daughters doctor and they mention that a top denture(and extractions we're approoved.I said what.
It turns out my dentist still charged my insurance even though I allready paid him.So he basically got 6,000 dollars.Anyway I am going to wait till I get the knew denture...then my insurance will be contacting him to see whats going on.I have a recipt saying I paid in cash so this guy made some major mistakes.

I can't believe it....he said My insurance woulden't cover it.I never should have trusted this guy,He is getting all this money(illeagly)and still being an ass hole..
I am not going to tell him I know yet....because I want my knew denture.
I am so pissed right now....if I we're a guy I would be punching a wall:meanie:

It seems to be an ongoing catalogue of errors, and very expensive now it seems. Surely though, if you paid cash up front, or whenever, you can instruct the insurance company that you don't want to claim and they should be able to get a refund from the dentist themselves. I'm sure the dentist couldnt go against the weight of a large insurance organisation. Anyhow, all that aside, as you have had the wax try ins I am assuming the denture will br ready within the next few days and then you can leave the dentist and leave the sorting out of reclaiming any finances overpaid, i.e. the insurance, to third parties and not need to get yourself involved, unless of course, to put in writing to some higher body all your concerns at how you have been treated (or should I say mis-treated).

I am actually relived that he insurance company will be taking care of it.They for sure want a copy of the recipt that we paid in cash.It's allready in the mail:whistle:.
They als o asked if I would right a letter about the treatment I recieved and if he was proffecional and curtious.....Hmmmm I wonder how to put it in words...."he was nice while pulling the teeth, and then after that something crawled up his butt and died:giggle:"That about sums it up..I will let you know how it goes.

Wow, you must be tearing your hair out by now - I'm glad you got the insurance company involved now :thumbsup:.

I am tearing my hair out.
I will be so grateful when this is all over.
Thank you so much for all the support I recieve at this forum.
I love you guys:cry:

OK so my dad came to my house today and we went to the dentist and they had the actual wax try in with the teeth(weird how they had it when my dad came:whistle:)

Anyway I tried it in and it looks awsome:jump:I was so happy when I looked in the mirror...this is the first time I have been happy about this hole thing.
I can't wait to get them.
He said they will be ready a week from monday.I am so freaking excited.
With my dad their he was so nice to me:giggle:.I still think hes a jerk and from now on will go elsewhere but for now I am happy and can't wait...they will need adjustments and the hard realine later on but thats cool cause this permanat denture looks so good...I can live with them for sure.

Just goes to show that you should never give up and don't let anyone push you around(dentist)or take advantage of the situation.This forum rocks.This is the best place to find support.
Thank you to everyone.(my dental Family)I will never leave this site(unless u want me to:whistle:)

I will let you know when I get them.:sleepyjuice:

That's brilliant news :jump: - don't just thank your dental family, but your real family ;D. I hope your dad will be able to come along when you get them!! Well done :grouphug:

Great news, I'm so happy that things worked out!

Don't worry I have been thanking my dad and my kids for being so great(and dad coming with me)all day.We are going out to dinner tonight to celebrate.I might have a glass of wine.

I can't believe he changed his tune with my dad their....hey whatever works.I still won't have him doing more work on me though because even though he was nice today he has allready shown his true colors and I no longer trust him.
I have actually allready started e-mailing different dentists because I want to get the bottom teeth taken cate of.
Thanks again everyone....coulden't have done it without you.:grouphug:

Mary,

While THANKS are going around, I want to say THANK YOU for being so upfront and personal with your journey. You got going, kept going, and when the going got REALLY ROUGH, you stuck it out and now will have the reward!!!!!!!!

There is SO MUCH PERSONAL COURAGE here, and in so many stories!!!!!!!!!!!

My husband got the news this spring that he, too, is in for dentures. He didn't like the initial plan with the dentist I use now, who simply WILL NOT do immediate dentures, and right now is in a little ( LOT??) of denial. I'm looking for other options, and it helps so much to see the good, bad, ugly, and ultimately, the success that comes from perseverance.

I'm new here, very new, have just within a year or so been able to confront SOME of my own dentistry demons and working towards my own dental health with the small baby steps. Again, I want to thank you for detailing your journey.

:respect:

Sue /Breeze

Last edited:
That's brilliant news :jump: - don't just thank your dental family, but your real family ;D. I hope your dad will be able to come along when you get them!! Well done :grouphug:

Yes keep taking your Dad along to all dental appointments until you know you've found an ethical practice with 100% caring staff.

Thank you everyone for your kind words.
Its amazing that I am finally feeling happy and for a while I was begging to think That I never would....but I am so excited I cannot wait to get them.
The dentist said he would call if they we're done earlier.
Keeping my fingers crossed:thumbsup:

My dad has to go home tomorrow but I am so happy he came with me.
I know I am 30 years old and needed my dad....but hey it worked.

Thanks again everyone.

I am really looking forward to my knew denture but now I am freaking out because I know that I need alot of work done on my bottom teeth and my mind id allready telling me to hold off on that and regroup...I am just afraid I don't regroup for to many years.

I need all my fillings redone(diden't even know that was possiable)then a deep cleaning and 6 fillings in the front.If my insurance doesen't cover it then I can't do it...and one bottom extraction.

I love this site how you are able to journal and put your thoughts down.It helps me but saying all the things I need done out loud is even scarier.My family says it can't be worse than all the teeth I had pulled so I should be just fine.

Half of me doesen't want to wait...I just want to have a healthy mouth...the other half(a big half)says to wait.
I guess I just needed to vent.
First I have to find a new dentist....that should be fun.:giggle:

I need all my fillings redone(diden't even know that was possiable)then a deep cleaning and 6 fillings in the front.If my insurance doesen't cover it then I can't do it...and one bottom extraction.

Unless your insurance is maxed out, your insurance will approve things that need doing - in this way, they can even act as safeguards for the consumer. For example, in my opinion it is a good thing that insurance companies can't approve replacement of fillings unless the dentist can show that the replacements are necessary.

Wishing you the best of luck with your search for a new dentist :)! It sounds like you have discovered dentist review sites, which should help combined with recommendations from people you know :grouphug:

Am assuming that you should be able to pick up your new denture any day now as the wax try in was some days ago now. With regard to getting more work done on your bottom teeth - with new dentist of course, did you not say that you had actually paid up front for the denture and then the insurance company coughed up? If so, you have paid twice for the same thing and therefore you are due to be reimbursed either by the dentist direct to you, or through the insurers. In either case, these funds could go towards future treatment. But again, once you've got a dentist in place, possibly you can go at a slower pace and not have everything done at once.

I really have to work on my self-esteem....I am hoping the knew denture will help how I feel about the way I look.
I was at the doctor today with my daughter and well to make a long story short....her doctor actually asked me to dinner.He is so sweet...very nice and yes adorable:giggle:He has been our doctor for years...why the sudden intrest I have no clue but I said "NO ...Not right now"Why did I say that...well ok it's kinda a stupied thing to be worried about...but No laughing when I say this.............................."can you even kiss when you have a top denture or will it be wierd?Will he be able to tell and say"hey...what the hell is that"I know its a stupied concern but I am not sure I could handle a bad reaction.That is basically why i said no...cause I am sure a kiss would follow dinner...me and him just get along like that you know...I just see it happeneing but I am so afraid about the hole denture thing,
Ok well I vented and love that there is a journal section.
Thanks everyone.

Well I haven't been able to sleep all week and I think it's because tomorrow at 9:30 am I go to pick up my knew denture...I am excited and scarde(can't really explain why theres fear)
I am just hoping for less pain and for them to look better on me...So I just made a pot of coffe cause there is no sleeping for me tonight:o

You said no.....what's the matter with you????
Seriously as soon as you have the new denture, ask him out right back unless he looks like Quasimodo or something....not sure of the ethics though...you may need a new doctor....if you hit it off (the ethics is more of an issue for medical doctors than for dentists).
Could he recommend a new second dentist by any chance?

I don't know if he could I will have to ask him...even my daughter said I was crazy...and I know its stupied but What if we end up kissing and he gets grossed out.I mean will he be able to notice it to much?I know its a stupied concern...but:(

Actually he is a HOTTIE...but I haven't been on a real dat in over 3 years(since my youngest was born)I hope its like riding a bike:o
Ok so when I pick up the knew denture tomorrow...I will go by his office and say"so do you still want to get dinner"I think he still wants too beacause he called to check on my daughter tonight(very sweet) and we ended up talking fo like 45 min.:drool:
He isen't a smoker so I guess I would have to try to quit(or be a closet smoker)
I will let you know how it goes tomorrow:)

Back