• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Part 2

This really is the best of all times to quit smoking Mary. You will have beautiful new white dentures which you don't want to stain and possibly a new boyfriend and when someone else doesn't smoke, then the smell of smoke really can be really offputting. Obviously it hasn't as yet, but I still think you now have good motivation for quitting. You'll save money and be lots healthier into the bargain.

Thanks SS.I actually picked up some nicotene patches a fiew days ago.I am going to try and qui and not because of the cute doctor:whistle:I am working on getting a healthier mouth so I don't want to smoke and ruin it you know....Ok welll its 7:30 am ...I go to the dentist in an hour....kinda nervouse...but really excited to get my knew denture.
Thanks for all your support...I will post later and let u know how it went.:o

I went ahead and posted in the success thread..
....Because it is:jump:

Last edited by a moderator:
OK well I am still loving the knew teeth...Can't stop smiling;DI have my first real date tomorrow in 3 years and he just caled to confirm the time(a doctor thing I guess:ROFLMAO:)and ask if I wanted to go to a movie too:o.
My daughter thinks he is going to make a move...but since the denture I am not sure how that will work(wheres a cold sore when yu actually need one:ROFLMAO:Kidding)
Ok so scarde out of my mind...I will let you know how it all goes and at least its a good scarde feeling:hic:

OK wel went on the date:(It was actually alot of fun.I came home and tried to find a bunch of things wrong with him but coulden't(except he chews loud...I can live with that)
He tried to kiss me but I coulden't cause I am not sure if its the same with a denture?I mean SS,Brit...should I tell him first cause hes bound to notice right?Then what If i do tell him and he freaks out?:confused:

Are you sure he doesn't know already as he is /was your medical doctor? Difficult one...maybe keep it to yourself actually and then if you do become a permanent item...he can pay for an implant supported denture!
Be sure not to throw yourself at him too quickly - play a bit hard to get - as things developing means you need a new GP which could be a big deal.
Is he divorced.....why is he available right now? Sorry no need to reply if I'm being too nosey.
Glad you enjoyed the date though :sleepyjuice::party: - you deserved a good night out. :grouphug:

Glad the date went well, but moving in for a kiss? Well I'm afraid I'm a bit old fashioned and think kiss on first date should just be peck on cheek. But, like you Mary, I too wonder about the proper kissing bit because believe it or not, even at my old age, I too have a new man in my life and this problem will come up sooner or later. I think it's one of those things you have to play by ear (or by tooth). Possibly he does know, possibly not, but if he's the right one, it shouldn't matter and the right time will come up for mentioning the fact.

Wow, Mary and Scaredstiff, I am jealous!!! You two are really taking on the world with those new smiles. Just kidding; it's fun hearing stories of your new "man adventures."
And Scaredstiff, you are never too old for romance.

Hi Brit...it isent nosey...actually he was engaged once but it diden't work out and we have allways been friends(being my daughters doctor and all...)
He said he allways wamted to ask me out but he diden't want it to be complicated but he then said that he had to ask me to dinner and beacause he has allways thought I was sweet and pretty.aaawww:giggle:

As far as throwing myself at him:rolleyes: or any man for that matter....never going to happen so don't worry.
I have been single for so long...even going to dinner felt strange...nice but strange.
My happiness has allways been just being a mom to my kids...it allways will be...so I am taking anything else extra super slow....hard to get ....is my specialty;)

So I shall see what happens...Thank you SS,Steffi and brit...your opinions mean alot to me.:XXLhug:
I wish I could help u all the way you have helped me:hug2:

Last edited:
Ok so the doctor saga.....I switched my daughters doctor last week...because it was the right thing to do and she actually likes the knew one even more(she likes woman doctors makes her more comfy)anyway this guy wasen't happy about the dentures and in a nice way told me to have a nice life(I diden't say anyhting about him only havin 9 toes:ROFLMAO:found that out when I saw him with his shoes off)

It just confirms that with or without teeth I am in no rush to be in a relationship...For me when I date...they all seem wonderful and different at first but they allways end up being the same....selfish and arrogent and think they are gods gift to women:sick:at least my daughter is happy with the doctor change and both my girls are happy we're not dating anymmore(they hate to share me;))

So I love my knew teeth and if he diden't like me for me then it's his loss I tried to explain that having dentures was allmost like plastic surgery(to me)but he wasen't buying it...but then I said "ok so if I said I had a boob job u would dump me":meanie:and well he had nothing to say to that.

Hey maybe having dentures in the long run, will help me find the right guy...the one who doesen't care and likes me for me:innocent:

Anyway...just wanted to update my journal since I haven't for a bit

Hey maybe having dentures in the long run, will help me find the right guy...the one who doesen't care and likes me for me:innocent:

Sorry to hear what happened but yes this will be true...easier to find someone who genuinely likes you....:grouphug:

Mary,

They are not all jerks, most are but there really are a few exceptions.
Take my husband for instance, we have been married for 35 years and I can say that he has done a great job of putting up with me!
Of course he traveled internationally most of our marriage so we weren't together full time until he started his own consulting company 8 years ago. Wow was that an adjustment!
He was great with my dental treatment, driving me to most of my appointments and was very supportive.
Don't settle for any man who doesn't treasure you for "you".
Well, I'm not usually this seriou but your Dr. annoyed me with his attitude!

Thanks Brit and steffi...it really diden't bother me when he told me nicely to take a hike....I know there are good men out there and congradulations for finding one of them:respect:it just confirms that I am still happiest just being a mom...my girls are my happieness ...I will meet a good man later i am sure..but I am definatly in no rush:rolleyes:
(all though...there is that hottie that works at my bank:censored:)
Thanks you guys...your the best:XXLhug:

Sorry to read about the developments on the 'man' front but he's obviously not worth bothering about and certainly not the right person for you, and best its ended now before you got too emotionally involved. Are you sure it was the dentures though? Had you yet told him or had he brought the subject up at all because it may have had nothing at all to do with it. I'm just interested - okay downright nosey then because I could be in a similar situation. Yes folks, I believe I mentioned in Mary's thread earlier that I too have a man in tow - which is progressing steadily to the point of us going for a few days holiday beginning of September. My goodness, a little old lady like me going away for a dirty weekend. But the question of the denture issue does arise, when do I, or don't tell him?
Anyway Mary, I'm sure Mr Right is just around the corner and you'll bump into him without realising pretty soon.

Hi SS....actually it was the denture...he said"I am to young to be with someone who wears dentures"LOL
..I just picked a self centered...naieve Bad apple.I hope his next girlfriend says something about his missing toe....I bet his mom was dissapointed when she did her finger and toe count when he was born:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
"wait I only counted 9....let me count again:ROFLMAO:

He's absolutely not worth knowing then, Mary and you're better off without someone like that. Would serve him right if he fell in love with an absolutely drop dead gorgeous young girl only to find that she had perhaps had an accident or something where she lost all her teeth and was wearing dentures and he didn't know until it was too late. What would he do then? Show himself up to be the cad he seems to be?

My goodness, a little old lady like me going away for a dirty weekend. But the question of the denture issue does arise, when do I, or don't tell him?

Yes, you might have thought a medical doctor would be a bit more flexible in Mary's case. SS I'm not into it myself at all..I have no secrets from my OH whatsoever but apparently there is something called 'feminine mystique' which some of my good friends have claimed to subscribe to in their relationships....you guessed it...this means don't tell him at all if possible, or at least not until he's hooked...people are just so shallow until they know and value you for yourself.

"Feminine mystique" I like it! I shall be that in combination with playing a femme fatale role perhaps. Obviously, one never likes to reveal all - I mean it's part of keeping the mystery of how long it takes me in the morning to get my face on, how many moisturisers, highlighters, concealers, anti-wrinkle creams etc. etc. (get my drift) I need to make me look so completely natural. Seriously, you are so right Brit, I mean to say when you meet someone you don't go into such things. After all I haven't found it necessary to tell him I've had my tonsils or my appendix out, so why should teeth really be any different.

Mary he sounds like a right prat - at least you have a way of sorting out the men from the boys now, so to speak.;) Must admit I've always studiously avoided doctors as potential man material - because when I was at uni it was always the medical students who were the biggest idiots, getting drunk and throwing up all over you, and boasting about their pet corpse etc (they all got one of their own to learn anatomy on, apparently). Always thought that was a bit freaky, to be able to do that and to WANT to do that...;) Mind you if it was George Clooney I'd overlook the psychology of it...

They're not all idiots (men I mean). When I was younger I must admit I got quite guarded because I went down from a size 20 to a size 10 (UK sizes 2 up from US so to you that's a 16 to a 6?) and when I was the young, slim blonde trophy bird I attracted way more creeps or nasty men who only wanted you because of how you looked on their arm and bragging to their mates- and I knew I was the same person inside I had been when I was much bigger - that made me question all men, really that they can be so superficial. My husband has always loved me for me, regardless of anything else, absolutely - I know I don't deserve him but somehow I got him anyway. It's a cliche but the right one is not only out there, but probably heading towards you as we speak.:XXLhug:

Last edited:
Wow. I sure do not want dentures! I think I should take care of the natural teeth I have in my late 20's. Yikes!! I REALLY do not want dentures! I value my natural smile. HELP!! My teeth are falling apart! Doid I mention that I do not want dentures?

Back