• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I'm new here

Mary, I hope your daughter is alright. I'll be praying for her and you too.

Well, it went great. :) I really like the dentist. Not only did my husband hold my hand but the dentist did as well. He spent 2 hours with me just explaining things and showing me pictures of before and after. I had x rays today and I'll start the deep cleaning procedure next Wednesday. He said we'll do that in two sessions. I have to have 4 teeth extracted by an oral surgeon that he recommends highly. Several crowns and a bridge, plus some regular fillings. A lot of work but I know I can do it and finish it this time. Going to be very expensive but we can make payments. I'll write more later. Thanks everyone for your support. You really helped me more than I can ever express on here!
anna

:jump::jump::jump::jump:YAY FOR YOU ...i AM SO PROUD OF YOU.
CONGRADULATONS.
THANK U FOR PRAYING FOR MY BABY....SHE HASEN'T WOKEN UP YET.
CHECK IN AGAIN AND LET US NI HOW YOUR DOING.
I AM SO HAPPY THAT YOU FOUND A DENTIST YOU LIKE.
WAY TO GO ANNA.:grouphug:

Good for you! It sounds like things went incredibly well! :jump: I'm sure you're on :cloud9: right now, I remember after my first appt I wished they could do all the work I needed done that day because I felt so confident. You're lucky that you found a great dentist that you feel comfortable with, it will no doubt help you complete your goals with ease! Well, congrats on this victory, enjoy it and reward yourself! :respect:

hi sparklzk27! Thanks for your encouragement. I did wish we could go ahead and get started while I was there. The dentist said it was best that we do the deep cleaning first though. He did say my bones were in good shape but there is some gum damage. He wants to see how much. It's almost over whelming seeing the list of what needs to be done. He doesn't want to do too much at one time. He is going to do the cleaning with sedation but he said I will be able to talk to them but I won't remember anything. I wonder how painful it is afterward? There I go, starting to worry and I said I wasn't going to do that (yet)! Anyway, I have months of work ahead of me but this time next year I won't have a toothache everyday and I'll be able to eat a salad again and I will smile:) and show my teeth;D! I'm going to get some rest, it's been a long couple of days.

anna

Back