• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Nervous...

K

Kajikit

I've got to go back to the oral surgeon in an hour for my post-op checkup... and for some reason I'm feeling very nervous about it, probably because I don't know what they're going to do and say! I'm pretty sure my mouth is healing up textbook-perfect because it doesn't hurt any more... but I'm not SURE, and the unknown scares the heck out of me. Pretty stupid, eh?

No, not stupid a bit. I'm so glad you've gotten this far. I'm just starting out on my journey and I thank you for the support you've given me. Remember, breath deep breaths. I'm leaving too for my appointment. We'll support each other with good thoughts and prayers. We'll do great! I know we will.

anna:)

Let's look at this logically...what's worse - going to an appointment for major treatment or going for a quick looksee?
All I'm trying to say is that this is way easier to do than what you achieved last time...and if you've got stitches don't worry about those...doesn't hurt when they take them out (if they're non-dissolvable that is).
If you think you are healing perfectly then I'll bet you are healing perfectly...they are not going to do anything except look, pat you on the head and book you in for the next step (whatever that is if anything).

Knowing nothing is being done why not use this appointment as a practice run in relaxation (if you are relaxed you can't be anxious at the same time)?
You'll do fine :grouphug:

I'm hoping you'll come back with awesome news after your appt! :XXLhug:

She said it looks great and to keep doing whatever I've been doing. :) There's one stitch but she did say before that it was dissolvable, so she didn't do anything today except take a quick peer in my mouth. And she asked me what I'm going to do next... so I said that when we've got some more money together I'll go back to the regular dentist and get some more work done... I know I need some work done on my front teeth, ick. And I also told her that if I ever need anything major done I'll be happy to go back to her. She did a very good job. So that's that over and done with... I forgot to ask her how long I should wait to eat hard/crunchy food, but I'm guessing another week will be fine. It feels weird when food goes back behind my teeth. We went to breakfast after my checkup, and I had biscuits and sausage gravy. Mmmmm!

So happy for you, that's great!! :party:

Back