• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Leaving for a bit

Mary

Mary

:shame:
I have to go for a while and I juat wanted to say thank you to you all.
My daughter was hit by a car yesterday snd she hasen't woken up yet...so I am dropping my other daughter off at grandpas and camping out at the hospital.I came home to get some things for her so when she does wake up she'll have some her favorite things there so she won't be scarde.
Sorry I am rambling(sorry not dental related)

Anyway thank you all for all your support.
When I get the knew denture I will let everyone know how it goes.
Again not dental related but could you pray for us.Thank you.:hug2:

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that :( - I hope your daughter will make a speedy recovery. I'll keep you in my thoughts :XXLhug:. Best of luck!!

Mary,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter, children are so resilient and heal so well.
As a mother, I know what a trauma this is for you ; no word are adequate, so I will just say again that I will keep you in my prayers.

OMG Mary I'm so sorry to hear that! Please come back let us know how she is doing. You can count on my prayers. Nothing worse than worrying about our children. :XXLhug:

Mary,

You and your daughter will be in my thoughts. It's good that you are going to be there with her when she wakes up.

As Lets said, best wishes for a speedy recovery!!! Once everything calms down please let us know how you both are doing!!

:grouphug:
Pam

:o....I hope your daughter has a fast recovery:grouphug:

Mary, I'm so sorry that your daughter was hurt. Please know that I will keep you both in my prayers. I'm a mom and a grandmommy too so I know how worried you must be. Our children are our life. Prayers that God will hold her in the palm of His hand, give you comfort, guide her doctors and nurses and give her a complete healing.

Please check in and let us know how she is when you can.

anna

Thank you everyone.
I came home to feed the dogs...then go to my dads and say goodnight to my little one then go back to the hospital.
I just wanted to say thank you.

When it rains it pours.you know.
She woke up for about 5 min. so that is really good I think.
Her knees are broken...well I should get back.
Thanks again everyone.
I will keep u posted.:cry:

She woke up for about 5 min. so that is really good I think.
Her knees are broken...well I should get back.
Thanks again everyone.
I will keep u posted.:cry:

Hi Mary
So pleased to hear she woke for 5 minutes..that is a good sign I'd say....so sorry this happened...kids change all our priorities in life as you know. :XXLhug:

Mary, I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter. I think the fact that she woke up for a few minutes is a very good sign. Keep us posted and I will keep your family in my prayers. Big hugs to you.

Yes, the fact that she woke up is definitely a good sign :)! Broken knees are no fun :( - it's a good thing kids heal much faster than adults. Wishing you lots of strength for the weeks ahead :grouphug:

Mary, so sorry to hear about your daughter. It's great that she woke up for a little while, though. I, too, hope for a speedy recovery. :grouphug:

Hi everyone.
I came home to feed the dogs.
Thanks for all your prayers.
Right now things aren't looking so good.
I am not handling this well at all.
I am a nervous reck.well just checking in.
Thanx again fo rbeing so great.
They have to operate on her legs tomorrow.
Thats scary just typing
Type with you all when I know what is going to happen.
Love ya.:cry:

Mary
I wish you strength - this is so much harder as a single parent. I really hope she has regained consciousness and that fixing her knees is just the next step in her recovery...as Letsconnect says...kids do heal fast in general. I really hope things are looking much better for you both very soon :XXLhug:.

Praying for you and your kid... :hug2::hug2:

I hope your daughter's operation will go really smoothly :grouphug:
Best of luck!!!

I feel kinda abd for posting cause its not dental related.So again sorry.

Well they operated on her knees(legs(They are so swollen ....I went shopping and got her a bunch of stuff today.
I know when she wakes up(still hasen't)She is going to be so scarde.
The doctors and I are going to try and stop her from looking at her legs so she won't go into shock(she's only 11)I just want her to wake up.
She has pins and rods in both legs some stay in for ever and some have to be removed..
As for me I am a mental case.But I have to be strong for both my kids.
(weird how when it comes to the dentist it is so hard to be strong but when its about your kids it's allmost like a second nature)

So no real good knews to report.My dad is there now I feel guilty but I had to come home for a bit.
Thank u again everyone.:(

No need to feel bad Mary, we all have times we need support for things that aren't dental related and this is certainly one of them!

I'm really sorry to hear that your daughter needed surgery but I'm glad she came through it o.k. Kids really are resilient and other than some soreness for awhile, I bet she's back on her feet in no time. Surgeons today can work miracles and I'm sure she's going to be good as new. My brother had surgery years ago on his wrist and the pins that were left in made him "cool" to his friends. :)

I hope that she wakes soon so you can put your mind to rest. (This may just be the body's way of healing itself.) It's nice that your Dad is with her, it's important that you get some rest as well.

We'll be thinking about you and your family and sending well wishes your way. Hang in there!! :XXLhug:

:grouphug:

Hope she comes round soon :XXLhug:

Well i am so happy to report that she woke up yesterday:jump:
she is having all the doctors and nur5ses sighn her cast and is looking forward to using a wheel chair instead of walking.

Sh should be coming home next week.
And all her friends from her class made her a video card and she loved it and was so happy .

Thank you everyone for all your support.
It truly means the world to me.

I am so happy she is awake and feeling better.
Thanks everyone:respect::respect::respect::respect::respect:

Back