• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Sedation Dentist "Vacations?"

B

bandf

Ok, so this probably sounds very odd, but I need to get my teeth fixed (15 years without seeing a dentist after suffering wisdom tooth extraction) and I have a super, super busy job. I'm at the point where I am in pain, avoid smiling, have very low self confidence. After just an hour on this site, I feel more confident about finding a good dentist for sedation treatment and actually want to face my fears. There are some local dentists here (I am in Marin, California) so I am planning a week/two weeks off to get work done. In my job I have to talk a lot and be social so I was thinking it might be best to figure out a plan with a dentist where I get it all done in a relatively short period of time. Has anyone done this or am I being unrealistic about how long treatment would take?

ps. am deeply ashamed of my teeth and associated phobia. I have teeth-envy daily...

Hello and a warm welcome to this site. Anything is possible in this world, but of course it all depends on exactly what needs to be done as to if it can be fitted into such a short timespan. All I know is last year, I needed, for exactly the same reason, work, to get a lot of stuff done in an eight week timeframe and I did it, but in my case it was probably a far lot more than you will have to face because I am an oldie and left my teeth for over 40 years. Hopefully in just 15 years holiday from the dentist not too much has gone wrong and hopefully just a cleaning and a filling here or there is all that is required. So I would say, bite the bullet, go find a dentist, and I am sure you will find that not half as much is wrong as you might be fearing and once you get to that first appointment, believe me, you will feel such relief at being in good hands. If you do not yet know of a dentist, have a look at our dentist finder link, top of page. So, all the best, you've made a wonderful start by coming here and we all hope that you will be able to get whatever needs to be done, done in your two week period. Do continue posting here, not only will you get support but we like to know how things are progressing.

Back