• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

24 Hours to go

S

sparky1

Hi to you all

I have my apointment tomorrow and i feeling the fear already i need to have two teeth out and a filling it will be done under iv but still not happy never had work done in dentist before.

Hi Sparky 1.
Try not to worry to mouch(I know that is easier said than done)
The actuall appointment is never as bad as we imagine it to be in our heads..You can do this and you will feel so good when your done.

I had 14 teeth extracted and diden't feel any pain durung the procedure(all top teeth)and really none after-wards.
I don't know what ur having done but I have had fillings and a handful of root canals and thoses weren't bad either so I know that you can do this and all will be ok.

Try and keep busy today....clean or go for walks.anything to keep ypour mind off of itI promise you can do this.I will send positive energy your way and place you in my prayers.
Let us know how it goes.:XXLhug:

Yes, Mary has right. It's NEVER worse or even as bad as dental phobics think. Our brain is such that we always imagine the worst possible thing and believe something awful is going to happen - but at least I (general medical coward, or used to be) have never ever walked away from any procedure thinking "that was worse than I thought". Nothing as bad as what our brains produce exists!!!

You can do it

Thanks for ur support not feeling to bad at the moment but the morning will be the time when i have to face my fear

With I/V sedation you don't have anything to worry about because you will be 'asleep' during the whole thing.:sleep: I have had I/V sedation for my last two extractions. They went perfectly, didn't feel any pain during or after..well there was some an hour or so after the fact but nothing that standard pain killers coulden't take care of.

You can do it!:cheers:

Well at least not having had any work done before you havent got any preconceptions. I myself had IV sedation when I had teeth extracted a few months back and believe me I didn't feel a thing during or after. It will all be done seemingly in an instant, so its not only when you're having fun that time goes quickly, its also when you have IV. Best of luck and do come back and let us know how it went.:grouphug:

Back