Thread: Bone Spicule

Default Bone Spicule

Hi Gordon or Pars...any tips to ease the pain from a bone spicule until it works its way out :'( It appears I have one way in the back, from the tori removal. I have had them before, but this seems to be more painful than any I have had before.

I can't get to the OS this week as I have to run the office and have no one to cover. The OS has the same hours as my office. I may try to see the dentist, but he is out of the office today too.

I tried acetaminophen, and it worked, up until today, nothing seems to help. Any tips you might have would truely be appreciated.

Default Re: Bone Spicule

EMLA cream. Probably available from your pharmacy. Put a very small dab on the affected area. One of the trade names for it here is AMATOP. Very effective surface anaesthetic.
      --
      Despite appearances to the contrary, Gordon has been a qualified dentist for over thirty years.

Thanks Gordon

You won't thank me when you taste it!
      --
      Despite appearances to the contrary, Gordon has been a qualified dentist for over thirty years.

If it dulls the pain, the taste will be worth it believe me I know I should probably just give in and let the dentist remove it, but I have been through enough already I just can't face another procedure

Hey Gordon...just thought I'd update you. Yesterday a sharp piece of spicule poked through the gum, but before I could nudge it out it broke. I thought woohoo it's over. Unfortunately the gum sealed up and the remainder of the spicule didn't get out, so now the pain is starting all over again I did get the topical anesthetic, which does help a bit though.

If it wasn't for bad luck, I would have no luck

You might have got the jagged edge out though and the rest will just resorb, so you might have got away with it.
      --

Lets Hope Still hurts pretty bad though. Didn't sleep much last night. Acetaminophen and topical anesthetic helps though.