• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Bone Spicule

F

freakout

Hi Gordon or Pars...any tips to ease the pain from a bone spicule until it works its way out :cry: It appears I have one way in the back, from the tori removal. I have had them before, but this seems to be more painful than any I have had before.

I can't get to the OS this week as I have to run the office and have no one to cover. The OS has the same hours as my office. I may try to see the dentist, but he is out of the office today too.

I tried acetaminophen, and it worked, up until today, nothing seems to help. Any tips you might have would truely be appreciated.

EMLA cream. Probably available from your pharmacy. Put a very small dab on the affected area. One of the trade names for it here is AMATOP. Very effective surface anaesthetic.

Thanks Gordon ;)

You won't thank me when you taste it! :drool:

If it dulls the pain, the taste will be worth it believe me :p I know I should probably just give in and let the dentist remove it, but I have been through enough already I just can't face another procedure :sick:

Hey Gordon...just thought I'd update you. Yesterday a sharp piece of spicule poked through the gum, but before I could nudge it out it broke. I thought woohoo :jump: it's over. Unfortunately the gum sealed up and the remainder of the spicule didn't get out, so now the pain is starting all over again :shame: I did get the topical anesthetic, which does help a bit though.

If it wasn't for bad luck, I would have no luck :p

You might have got the jagged edge out though and the rest will just resorb, so you might have got away with it. :XXLhug:

Lets Hope :thumbsup: Still hurts pretty bad though. Didn't sleep much last night. Acetaminophen and topical anesthetic helps though.

Back