• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Bet You Haven't Read Anything Like This Before

• Thread starter Chickadeeisabigchicken
  • Start date
Hi from the "American" Chicken(jen)!!
I've been to Canada a few times, beautiful country, friendly people. I started my dental treatment in October with BIG help from people on this forum who kept encouraging me!!
All I can say (and I've told other people on this forum this) is that our (phobic) imagination is USUALLY worse than the dental visit or procedure itself!!
My first visit to the dentist (in 23 years) was in April. It was really a get -to-know you session where my dentist and I just talked and got to know one another. There were X-rays taken, but that was it.
I had 9 extractions done in October (under IV sedation). It was wonderful! I really had no pain at all. I even ate some applesauce later that same evening.
For the first time in 23 years, I have NO dental-related pain!!;D For me it was the constant onslaught of toothaches that drove me to find a dentist, I just couldn't take the pain anymore. My procedures were so MUCH less painful that all the toothaches that I have endured over 23 years!!
I wish you luck on your dental journey and hope you find a dentist that is right for you.
:XXLhug:,
Jen

Back