• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wisdom Tooth falling out?!

S

Stasisesque

A while ago I noticed my top right wisdom tooth (at least, I think it's my wisdom tooth, it's the last one in the row at least) had cracked and was coming through at odd angles, each piece seperate from the rest (can't think of an easier way to describe it) - then later on, a portion of it started to wobble - no pain, just a wobbly tooth - like a baby tooth. This morning, the fragment has come almost completely loose and is hanging by something, I don't know - I think it's a nerve.

I'm terrified - actually shaking as I write this, so sorry for the rambling, hard-to-understand post. I don't want it to fall out, but I don't want it there - and I'm so scared of seeing a dentist. I'm so frightened they're going to tell me it's something terrible - like my jawbone is eroding, or something. The worst part is I've left it so late, I'm now petrified and I know I absolutely have to see a dentist tomorrow at the very latest - but I hate my local dentist, and I don't have time to find anywhere else. :(

Can anyone give me any reason why my tooth might have done this? As I say, it doesn't hurt - cold temperatures make it throb a little, but almost all my teeth are sensitive so that's normal.

Don't see why you have to stick to your local one???? If you hate them so much already...pot luck virtually anywhere else is going to be better.....get on the internet tonight and find your nearest 'dream practice'. Places often keep slots open for emergencies.
Good luck with it...it's bound not to be as bad as you are expecting either way.:grouphug:

A while ago I noticed my top right wisdom tooth (at least, I think it's my wisdom tooth, it's the last one in the row at least) had cracked and was coming through at odd angles, each piece seperate from the rest (can't think of an easier way to describe it) - then later on, a portion of it started to wobble - no pain, just a wobbly tooth - like a baby tooth. This morning, the fragment has come almost completely loose and is hanging by something, I don't know - I think it's a nerve.

I'm terrified - actually shaking as I write this, so sorry for the rambling, hard-to-understand post. I don't want it to fall out, but I don't want it there - and I'm so scared of seeing a dentist. I'm so frightened they're going to tell me it's something terrible - like my jawbone is eroding, or something. The worst part is I've left it so late, I'm now petrified and I know I absolutely have to see a dentist tomorrow at the very latest - but I hate my local dentist, and I don't have time to find anywhere else. :(

Can anyone give me any reason why my tooth might have done this? As I say, it doesn't hurt - cold temperatures make it throb a little, but almost all my teeth are sensitive so that's normal.
when we get to the dentist we realize taht it wasen't nearly as bad as we imaigined it to be:).I am not sure why your tooth is the way that it is but I do know that it can be fixed or extracted and they can do all of that without pain.I had a number of teeth extracted and diden't feel any pain;)I know its scary but you can do this....take brits suggestion and find a "dream Practice "near you.
Dentistry has come a long way and you should defianatly have a dentist that you are comfortable with.
Good luck...and try not to worry I am sure things will turn out great.;)

Although it's hard to say exactly what's going on without a look see, I wonder if what you are describing could be a part of a tooth that has broken and is just attached by the gum. Sometimes a decayed tooth will weaken enough to allow a part of it to fracture.

It's best to try to find someone to check it out and let you know exactly what the problem is and what can be done rather than speculate about it since you may be worrying more than is necessary.

Hi I was just wanting to know what happened?

I have a very loose wisdom tooth on my top left side and was told it is because i have bone loss. I am in Menopausal stage and they said it was cause of that. But anyways I have a hole in the tooth before that wisdom tooth and the back part of it is gone along with the center. They saw all that. But can't get to dentist again until next month so I am dealing it threw. I have pain in jaw before I started using the Clove oil i made that i found on net. It helped with the pains. so far so good. But I was just wandering if the wisdom tooth falls out will there be a lot of blood and or pain? It wobbles a lot.

Back