• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Teeth broken down to gum, now what??

B

Brian The Mute

I had an accident a few years back, and 5 of my front teeth were chipped and broken. I didn't go to the dentist right away out of fear, and then I ended up losing my dental insurance, so I haven't been able to go for many years. Now I'm finally trying to get this taken care of, but the teeth have gotten significantly worse. There is no pain, thank heavens, but a few of the teeth are broken all the way down to the gum... so what I want to know is, what should I expect when getting them removed? Theres nothing to grab on to, and I'm really worried about if the dentist is going to be able to even pull them out. Help :confused:

Hello and :welcome:I had a nuber of teeth extracted a few months back(14)and I was so worried because...they we're all rotted and broken to the gum line.I also wondered how they pulled those out and it turns out that the teeth that are broken to the gumline are usually easier to get out:thumbsup:
If you go to the dentistry archives thread...there are a nuber of answers to how they extract those teeth...and all the dentists on this board say they are easier.
All i know is when they pulled mine evevrything went fine:)and I am sure all will be fine with you as well...and allthough before we go to the dentist we think are teeth are too far gone to save....it is amazing the things that they can do.:)
So try not to worry.:XXLhug:

I have read many posts on this forum saying its possible to extract a tooth broken down to the gum, and even easier, but I haven't seen anybody go into detail about the procedure, and how its actually done. Thats what I'm wondering... how do they extract the tooth if theres nothing to grab on to?

Ok well...I'm not a dentist but when I asked my dentist he said"it's no different than pulling a un-broken tooth"so he used his tool and rocked the tooth back and fourth and walla...it came out.
Maybe you should post this question in the dentistry questions,so you can get a more detailed answer>.
Good luck.:)

Back