Thread: Phantom Tooth-ache???

Default Phantom Tooth-ache???

Ok I know this is probably a silly question...but on the right side I have a dull pain....I got the teeth extracted over 2 months ago....so Is this all in my head?
      How can I have a tooth ache if there is no teeth?
      Grateful for each & every Day

Default Re: Phantom Tooth-ache???

as messed up as it sounds, yes its possable. The one area were i have a missing molar, when its humid out sometimes i can feel it itch. This is 5 years after i had that tooth removed, so..yea but its usualy so minor, its nothing.

2 months is a short time. You might feel funky there for a bit, but no major pain what so ever, cause there is no tooth left with a nerve to hurt you! But, you might feel some stuff in the jaw and gums were the healing is taking place.

Having a little bit of Gorgonzola with crackers!

Do you have a sinus infection? Sometimes referred pain can go to the area where the teeth were and mimic a phantom toothache. A denture sore can also make a ridge ache as well. How is the bite on your denture? Does it seem pretty even pressure-wise across the teeth and onto the ridges?
      Cheese, Gromit, where's the Cheeeese???

Thank you..........and yes everything feels normal but then again I am knew at this hole not having teeth thing so
      I will try not to worry..............thanks zzz,oh and by the way I love the panda(cute movie too)

Hi Mary...I have had issues with my lower. I have had sores start to develope and would swear it's a toothache (with not teeth) but then the sore appears and I realize that is the root (no pun intended) of the pain. If the soreness continues, you should probably go and have the denture adjusted. You will get almost immediate relief

Thank you freakout!How are things going for you?

Your welcome, Mary I am hanging in there. Learning all about the different adhesives But I have definately learned...take care of the sores, before they become a bigger problem. No sense suffering, when all it takes is a few moments with the dentist's magical tool to get relief

Mary, as you know, I'm no dentist, but I think what you are feeling is probably just soreness as it is a few weeks now since the new denture and your gums are still changing and possibly you need adjustment because your bite has probably changed in that time.