• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Phantom Tooth-ache???

Mary

Mary

Ok I know this is probably a silly question...but on the right side I have a dull pain....I got the teeth extracted over 2 months ago....so Is this all in my head?
How can I have a tooth ache if there is no teeth?:(

as messed up as it sounds, yes its possable. The one area were i have a missing molar, when its humid out sometimes i can feel it itch. This is 5 years after i had that tooth removed, so..yea but its usualy so minor, its nothing.

2 months is a short time. You might feel funky there for a bit, but no major pain what so ever, cause there is no tooth left with a nerve to hurt you! But, you might feel some stuff in the jaw and gums were the healing is taking place.

Do you have a sinus infection? Sometimes referred pain can go to the area where the teeth were and mimic a phantom toothache. A denture sore can also make a ridge ache as well. How is the bite on your denture? Does it seem pretty even pressure-wise across the teeth and onto the ridges?

Thank you..........and yes everything feels normal but then again I am knew at this hole not having teeth thing so:rolleyes:
I will try not to worry..............thanks zzz,oh and by the way I love the panda:giggle:(cute movie too):whistle:

Hi Mary...I have had issues with my lower. I have had sores start to develope and would swear it's a toothache (with not teeth) but then the sore appears and I realize that is the root (no pun intended) of the pain. If the soreness continues, you should probably go and have the denture adjusted. You will get almost immediate relief;)

Thank you freakout!How are things going for you?:)

Your welcome, Mary;) I am hanging in there. Learning all about the different adhesives:sick: But I have definately learned...take care of the sores, before they become a bigger problem. No sense suffering, when all it takes is a few moments with the dentist's magical tool to get relief;)

Mary, as you know, I'm no dentist, but I think what you are feeling is probably just soreness as it is a few weeks now since the new denture and your gums are still changing and possibly you need adjustment because your bite has probably changed in that time.

Back