• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Partial question need help asap please

S

scared2bthere

HI,
I haven't been able to wear my partial because I have a couple teeth that hurt and it was also pushing into my gums hurting.

Ok so today I go in for an adjustment so I am trying to get it back in so I can tell him where it hurts and it is too tight. It is hurting one of the teeth it hooks to and it won't seat.

What do I do? I just want to cry. It HURTS. One of the metal hooks is really hurting my tooth, Can that be adjusted at all or just the pink? There is a gap now too between the teeth and the front extraction sites. It looked nice to begin with but this looks bad.

I feel like throwing it out in the ROAD.

Boy do I know how you feel:( I can't answer all of the questions, but I do know that the metal hook can be adjusted. I had the same problem when I had my partial and that had to be adjusted a few times. It also sounds like you need the plastic adjusted as well, due to the digging into the gums comment. I am sure that once thing are adjusted, the partial will be much better for you.

I have learned that it is best to get things adjusted ASAP, once problems start. There is no sense suffering needlessly. Adjustments can be done quite quickly and you will be so much more comfortable:XXLhug:

I am so sorry for the trouble that you are having,we come so far and then it is so frustrating when things don't go according to plan:mad:but hang in there because I promise you that it will get better.
Did you tell ur dentist about the metal hooks?if so what did he say?those can be adjusted and it seems they should be able to adjust the plastic as well.

All of this can be fixed...just think how patient we we're with the teeth before they we're extracted:censored:and now we have to be paitent with the knew ones.(again,easier said than done)I don't have a partial but I had issues trying to get my denture right...I just kept going back until he made them comfortable,and don't worry about bothering the dentist(I did at first)it's his/her job to make it right.
I wish I could help more,just hang in there ...don't give up,there is a bright light at the end of this tunnel,I promise you that.:XXLhug::XXLhug::XXLhug::hug2::XXLhug::XXLhug::XXLhug:

Oh Thank you so much! I am SOOOO glad to hear these metal torture devices can be adjusted! I'm leaving pretty soon to see him so hopefully I can come home being able to wear this thing again. It is SOOO embarassing to have to speak to people with missing teeth. :redface:

Yep, adjusting those pesky clasps is a common adjustment that is made by the dentist using a bird beak plier. It usually takes like two to three seconds and a couple of attempts to get it just right. Just make sure you tell the dentist how it feels since only you know how comfortably tight it should be.

Hello scarde2bthere...I just wanted to check in and see how everything went for you at the dentist.I do hope he was able to make some adjustments so you can be comfortable:XXLhug:

Well he did some adjustments. It still hurts. Interestingly the left side is a little better but now the right side is killing me. :(

Well he did some adjustments. It still hurts. Interestingly the left side is a little better but now the right side is killing me. :(
really sorry to hear that,but stay strong,as soon as you are able to go back,go back and tell him to now fix the right side.Its what has to be done,this is your mouth and the dentist should be more than helpful when it comes to making it comfortable.
Stay positive,all will get sorted out.:XXLhug:

Back