• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

anxiety attacks

B

babyblue

I have been having such a hard time with the loss of my four front teeth. I noticed everytime I have to go out, I have an anxiety attack.
I had my canine tooth extracted last week and I have been feeling a bubble or something hard at the site. The dentist cut my gums to get the tooth out and never stitched it. I panicked and ran to the dentist. Of course they wouldn't see me but told me that my body may absorb it. When I got home, I noticed my face was all itchy on the inside and my eyes were itcy and swollen. My first thought was anxiety attack.
I have decided to go see a doctor, so I can handle going out again. My question though, how long after an anxiety attack should it take for my face to feel normal again. Anybody else feel like this. Until my doctor's appointment, how does everybody else deal these attacks. I need to go out sometime.:cry:

Nothing feels normal for me when I'm having anxiety attacks. I have to have short term medication to figure out wtf is going on

Baby Blue,

See a doctor about prescribing an anti-anxiety medication...Xanax, Klonopin, Valium etc. (I believe generics are available for all of the above). They will definitely help. Your dentist can even give you a prescription for them.

Back