• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Sticky Teeth!!!

Hayley

Hayley

Can anyone help me regarding sticky teeth?

Sometimes, my teeth feel as though they stick together, as though there is a very thin layer of toffee on them and they are tacky.

The teeth concerned are near a rotten WT that I am waiting for news on re. extraction.

I'm curious as to what this could be....

Many thanks

H :-*

It could be that your bite is sliding ever so slightly on the tooth. As the tooth erupts, it might come in contact with another opposing tooth creating a bit of a slide there. When you separate your teeth, things sort of click back perhaps making it feel like the area is sticking.

Thanks, makes sense since I have had 2 fillings there recently upper and lower and I didn't have this sensation beforehand. I feel like my upper filling has altered my bite so maybe I should go back to the dentist and get it adjusted.

Many thanks for your help =0)

:party:

I have never had cavities or fillings. I will be dreaming sometimes as if my teeth were stuck together and wake up. Other times dream that my teeth feel as if they are sticking together and then wake up. And then on Tuesday, July 20th, was in a theatre watching a movie, wide awake (though coincidentally the movie was Inception) and I felt my teeth sticking! It feels as if they were together and as I am moving my jaw apart, some thin stiff material is holding them together.
Apparently the dentist says I grind my teeth. Since I have no molding of my teeth as a child, I do not 100% believe her. But she shows me what seems to be evidence. So I bought a mouth guard. And now after the 6 month cleaning, she points out that I have cavities forming on my lower teeth. I really wish she had pointed this out on our first visit because now I am suspicious that the mouth guard created the forming cavities. I've never had a cavity in my life and have very good teeth.
Also why was my 6 month cleaning more expensive than the first cleaning (which was the first done in probably 5 years)? I was told by the receptionist that there were more calcium deposits and thus was more expensive.
I don't really have a fear so much as a mistrust. The dentist from 5 years ago said I had a cavity forming in one of my upper teeth but there has been no mention of that from my current dentist. She said the pain I felt in my upper tooth was from grinding.
So my question is about the sticky teeth (which is always on the very back right side teeth). Oh I did have all my wisdom teeth removed probably in 1985, surgically. They weren't a problem but I was told they would eventually be a problem and was told to get it done while I still could (while it was free done in a hospital). Also my question is about costs. I paid about $175.00 for the 6 month cleaning. Canada, British Columbia. My dentist is one who specializes in peope with fears so I suspect she is more expensive. I have no such fears and would like to find another dentist with the hopes of it being less expensive.

Hi Hayley another Cheshire Iam from Chester nice to meet you.

Dave.:cheers:

is it possible to form plaques on the other teeth after wisdom teeth removal.... i hav removed one of mine 3 days before and it feels like my teeth(the back ones) are all sticking together.... i am brushing my teeth and also rinsing them 4 times with warm salt water...

bt watever i am not been able to brush them properly near the extraction site:dunno:....
is this normal or i shud panic ????

It is normal don't panic. Try and rub some toothpaste on your back teeth before you go to bed as brushing is still hard for you and you do need to be careful of the extraction site.

It helps your mouth feel a bit fresher, you can do this at any time if it helps. :)

Back