• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

pulling bottom front teeth

H

Hope12

Hi Gordon,

I go tomorrow to get this tooth pulled.  It is in the front of my mouth on the bottom.  I have some questions for you.
Are the bottom front teeth harder to pull then the top?
About how long does it take?
Will my tongue also get numb from the shot that numbs the mouth?

As you can see I am nervous and terrified.  Already took one Lorazepam for the night to try and stay calmer, I say calmer because my movement from  my CP is worse now that I know that I have to go tomorrow morning.  

One more question and please be straight with me, do they use a drill to pull front bottom teeth?  I hate the drill and if they are going to I need to prepare myself.  

You must be thinking, wow is she a big baby!  Sorry to bother you again but I feel more confident when you set me straight on things.

Thanks for your information on this most nerve racking day yet to come.  I will do it though because I can't seem to concentrate on things, all I do is worry about these dentists.  I really need to do this and get it over with.

Take care,
Hope12 :hidesbehindsofa:  I could hide but then that would only hurt me! :) Just kidding won't do that.

Re: Hello this is the night before.

Hiya,

I've been following your posts for the last few months and wanted to wish you all the best for tomorrow. It will be bin and done and gone before you ever know it :)

Take Care,

Rob,

Thanks Rob,

For you well wishes i do sincerely thank you. I am nervious but also a but loopy due to the lorazepam I took to keep calm. Hope to let you know when it is over. Thanks again,

Take care,
Hope12

I do hope you get this in time, Hope.

1) Easier. Smaller roots and better access.
2) About 10 secs per tooth normally. Sometimes less.
3) Possibly, most likely not. If they're at the front you shouldn't need the block injection that zaps the tongue.
4) No drills, unless the roots break but that's pretty unlikely.

All the very best from me, I'm sure you'll be just fine. :XXLhug:

Hello Gordon,
I did it! I went throgh it and it was not half as bad as I thought it would be. i took 3 mg of lorazepam and they started the work and they said I was still moving too much so the gave me anaw intermuscular injection of vercet( I think that is how to spell it).

Dr. Henry gave me some kind of injection in my mouth called a block because of the infection it would not get numb.. Then he to wait 30 mins and he came in and I felt a lot of pressure and it was oveer. i came home and slept until thii morning. . When I woke up my mouth is very sore and I am bruissed on the side of my mouth. Oh welli, I am so glad it is 0ver. I still can not wear my dentures due to being so sore.

I believe one the nurses was holding my head still and thay is how my face got bruised. I realy don't remember half of what took place. I do thank you so much Gordon for your kind word and in helping me get through this. I woke up this morning and the first
thing that came to my mind was, "it's 0ver, I did it." I would haVE NEVER made it or acctually followed through if it wasn't for you Gordon and all the others here who are so understanding and trully help others like myself get through a difficult time.
To all like yourslef and othes who give of your time so freely I say; :"God bless you all and always remember, the help you give to others will always come back to you.

I sincerely thank you and I will always rememiber you and yours in my prayers. God bless you and your family.
Hope12 :grouphug:

Back