• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

White spots on front teeth

Yourbigpalal83

Yourbigpalal83

Hey guys. Im most likely overreacting, but whats up with these little white patches on my front teeth? I looked online, some say its week spots (god i dont want to chip or break off my front teeth) Some say its the result of to much floride, etc. They seem to come and go, so idk. Im paranoid about loosing my front teeth. I got another dentist appointment on wensday for some more fillings, but the dentist dident even say anything about these things, then again i really dident ask. I just wana know if at any moment these things are going to break off, (i think i am overreacting as usual but i just want to be sure)

I did used to drink alot of diet soda, but this year ive completly given it up. Im brushing and flossing religousley twice a day (once the moment i get up with the brushing, once right after i eat with just water, and brush and floss at night)

Again, no real pain or anything, just worried,

White spots are usually local areas of enamel demineralisation. ie the first signs of decay starting. It's probably related to all the acid in the sodas you rinsed them with. They become more noticeable when the teeth are dry, maybe if you've been mouth breathing because of a cold?

Anyway, they aren't a sign of weakness and won't chip off.

well, i suppose they have been there for years. im just paranoid. They arent bright white or anything? what can i do to strenghten them? Ive been brushing and flossing daily. Ive also completly given up all forms of soda. hell, i drink nothing but tap water now. I dont like even poring soda for my father!

Will they eventuly go away now that im brushing and flossing right, every day? Im just scared of loosing them! Also i forgot to say, there by the bottom of my front teeth, and i read if they were near the top, its likely there decay. is this true?

You can't do anything about them. The teeth get "strengthened" from the surface application of fluoride, usually from paste but you can rinse with it too.
They won't go away but they won't get worse and it's not decay. Just look on them as adding a bit of character to your mouth :)

all ok. just as long as the dam thing doesnt break off on me, like i need another thing to worry about. I got to get 2 fillings tomaorw anyway, so ill bring it up then!

Back