• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

15 hours until wizzies out!! HELP NEED SOME INFO!

W

wanttosmile

OK, Have been dealing with having my four wizzies out for the last month and for the most part I have been able to deal with it BUT today they rang me and told me the time to be at the hospital tomorrow and now I am feeling SICK to my stomach and I so want to book a plane ticket to the other side of the world.

But common sense prevails and I also realise that I have no choice. Tomorrow is coming no matter what I do or say or think. The actual removal of the teeth does not bother me, its the GA that concerns me. Its the first time I have been in hospital and the first time with GA.

Can anyone tell me all about GA? Like where they put the needle and how long I will have to lie there on the operating table before they knock me out and is there anything else I should know to put my mind at ease? Like will I need to be hooked up to monitors? And the main one, will I have a IV drip in my arm after the surgery or once the op is over they remove all catheters???

I CAN DO THIS, I CAN DO THIS, I CAN DO THIS.........

Relax you'll be fine...GA can be an extremely pleasant experience. Usually in a hospital, you are anaethetised lying on a wheelie trolley in the anteroom...i.e. you are not in the actual operating theatre at the time..they move you in there once you are asleep.

When I had it done with GA in hospital, it was just the merest scratch on the back of my hand, count to 2 and then I woke up.....the run up was far scarier than the reality. Don't think I woke up with any drips still attached but if you do that's no big deal as I experienced that for a C-Section...it just means they have easy access to a vein should they need it later.
Hope this helps.:grouphug:

I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed 3 months ago, and yes my worry and panic was a million times worse than the operation.

I asked to be put to sleep outside the operating room, which they did, all I felt was a very small scratch on the back of my hand .... that was the last I remember until I woke up propped up in bed with a nurse asking me if I wanted a drink. I had no drips, no monitors, no catheters nothing scarey at all and believe me the relief is amazing!

Please don't worry and remember .... there's nothing to fear except fear itself.

:)

Back