• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Okay, now i'm done

X

XxJDXx

I'm really thinking about killing myself right now, because there seems to be no way out of this mess. Nobody understands me, i don't know how to do this, i can't think anymore. I don't know what to do...

I tired to get my butt to a dentist, god knows i tried but somehow i just couldn't. So, i was told to try and get into therapy. But all the therapists got freaking long waiting list. My mum told me to let a therapist who'd have an appointment in April on his waiting list. But that is such a long time if you're in pain and keep worrying about your teeth falling out. She doesn't get it, because she doesn't have to live with it. She doesn't have to worry about wheater or not she'll waking up with horrible pain every day, if it will pass, if it will come back twn times worth. According to her, i'm being silly, these few months wouldn't make much of a difference. Only that i feel like i'm wasting a few more months of my young life, plus therapy also takes it's time. The time is just dragging by right now so i don't think i can take it just a day longer.

The Insurance doesn't pay for GA or IV, all they do pay for is Novacaine (which i cannot take!!). Me being fully consicous (sp?) at the dentist is just not an option. I do need something, but i don't have a lot of money and my parents refuse to give me to money until i can pay it back (strangly enough, they can pay 800 Euro to fix the car they do not nessesarily need since we own two, but 500 for GA are not possible:()

Hi XXJDXx,
I don't think you should wait till April for a therapist...particularly if your teeth are causing you a lot of pain as you say.....you just need a caring dentist.

Do you speak German or is that an added issue for you? Any German dentist or your medical doctor can prescribe anti-anxiety medication to make it easier for you to be treated with local anaesthetic..it need not be expensive if i/v sedation is out of the question for financial reasons.

If you really are feeling desperate, can I suggest you consider showing your mother your post and read this: https://www.dentalfearcentral.org/help/depression/

Teeth are important but they are not worth harming yourself over...you are young,you have your whole life ahead of you and I know there is an easy solution out there for you..you just need a bit of helping accessing it. :grouphug:Please don't despair...thousands have gone before you and come out the other side :XXLhug:.

Back