• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

feeling down and very tearful

No wine till tues tho.. cos just taken last lot of antibiotics.. so had a glass of lemonade to celebrate... the numb feeling wearing off now.. and got a dull ache abit.. which I expected.. so just taking some painkillers.. so relieved its over.. and just sit back and enjoy xfactor now... xx:jump::cloud9::party::yay:

You enjoy X factor, I will have the wine for you :jump:

Hello Catherine

Well done, so glad everything went so well! Its given me some encouragement for my appt. Enjoy the rest of the X Factor and it was nice chatting to you.
Best wishes
Patsy x:jump:

Good on you!!!
I've always said that if we could just stop ourselves from expecting the worse then we'd all be so much better off!!!... easier said than done!

You must feel so good!
Each time you go you will feel easier and easier about it!!!
:jump::jump::jump::jump:

Deidre x

Well done you!!!! :jump:
Thanks for giving us all some inspiration!
I'm in awe! :)

still feeling proud of myself... keep staring at my old tooth in its little vile.. it really wasnt that bad... the larazapam really helped.. I was consious and relaxed.. when I was having the injections done... it truely didnt hurt and I couldnt beleive how relaxed I felt... I even joked about her giving me a tummy tuck whilst she was at it.. so managed to retain my sense of humour!!.. and all the thoughts that I was going to hear crunches and noises.. was just pressure.. .. I think so much of its down to trust... I have to go and have a another deep pocket clean.. not sure what they are called.. but that isn't phasing me...

so I really hope you lot out there awaiting your apts... if I can do it .. anyone can!!

catherine x:jump::party::cheers:

Hi Catherine,

You must feel so proud of yourself. Its given me some encouragement but I have to have a root canal & as one of the things I'm afraid of (amongst others) is the drill. Although my appts still over a week away I'm dreading it, my husband couldn't get time off work until next week so I've got to put up with the pain as there is no way I could go without him, I'm a nervous wreck as it is with him there! Did you have any pain before you went ? If so what did you take and how did you get through the days leading up to the appt? I have to get tamazapam from my dentist an hour before my appt but that leaves me 8 days of misery , tears & panic.
Be glad for any advice you can give me.

Thanks Patsy x:cry::o:sick:

hi patsy... to be honest.. I was making myself sick with worry... I was confusing myself with what was fear, pain and anxiety.. and it really didnt help... I tried to find encouraging stories.. and try my best to forget negative stuff which was hard... I had a trial run with larazepam which my dr recommended over tamazapam.. that was good and gave me a good nights sleep on the thurs... and I had some diazipam tabs left from a previous apt which i took late fri night to try ease the anxiety.. i slept a bit better than expected..then took the larazapam just before the apt.. and I was fairly with it.. and amazed myself how 'jolly' I was and calm listening to what was being said mins before the procedure.. I have suffered pain on and off since august.. my dr prescribed diclofenac which is stronger form of ibruprofen I think.. and said I could take paracetamol or co cocodamol with it.. and this really did help. I think the fear makes it all so much worse.

Go see your dr.. ask about some larazapam even if its to make your nights more relaxed before you apt... you do feel better when you get some sleep.. I know prior to that I found my fear so much worse at night...

hope you get sorted very soon..

thinking of you..

catherine x

Thanks Catherine, I'll book an appt with my doctor, she's not in until Wednesday but, is so nice & sympathetic that I'll see her then rather than see one of the partners in the practice.
I'm already on sleeping tablets for the anxiety so really only need stronger painkillers as CoDrydamol not really working.
Thanks again for your support & advice
Best wishes
Patsy

:(

Well done you. I have to wait til january to have 4 fillings and an extraction under sedation (i'm not brave enough to have it done without. Am not worrying about it too much yet but i'm sure i will be nearer the time. Your story is an inspiration to me, thankyou for sharing it with us all.