• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Scared to death

L

lacy50

Hi I have no dental insurance and I know I need a lot of work done. I am 35 years old and have not been to the dentist in over 20 years. I have an extreme phobia of dentists and any dental work. I also have a generalized anxiety disorder and social phobia. Most of my front teeth still look okay, but I am having a lot of burning along the gumline and my two front teeth are very sensitve to cold and any touch. My back teeth look really bad and I am in a lot of pain. I am very embarrassed by how they look. I don't know what to do. I know I need to get help, but I don't even know where to start. Anyone have any advice?

its 4am in the u.k and i'm sat here awake with the toothache from hell so started to browse these forums.
i just posted this reply for you to let you know your not alone :)
theres some great success stories on this site that i'm going to read to cheer myself up.

I wish I had an answer for you, but I'm suffering just as you are - I'm living in fear. If it helps you to know, you're not alone.

The only thing I can say is don't worry about the insurance. You'll find a way, your health is the most important thing you have.

Back