• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Kernel stuck behind last molar and wisdom tooth

P

punkchica321

Okay, so last night I had popcorn and now a kernel is stuck behind my second molar and where my wisdom tooth is, though it's not actually exposed yet...So yeah, how the heck do I get it out? I dunno if I can get the floss back there easily. :/

You get wee things called floss-sticks that might make it easier. If all else fails, go to your dentist.

I actually got it out after brushing it and like pushing my tongue against there, I couldn't get any floss picks, but thanks!

Glad to hear you got it out, but if you ever get something stuck back there again - try using a WaterPik (oral irrigation system). If you don't have a WaterPik, I highly recommend picking one up. I got mine for less than $30.00 at a drug store, and it was fantastic for cleaning the gums around my partially erupted wisdom teeth before I had them removed last week. Now it's working well to keep my sockets (ew!) clean.

- Teef

Water pik isn't powerful enough to shift something like that.

Water pik isn't powerful enough to shift something like that.

Again, we disagree about the WaterPik. Mine is certainly powerful enough to dislodge just about anything that gets stuck. But by all means, if you prefer floss, use floss. I do from time to time, too.

Back