• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Hi I Need Some Pointers

Callum_Edgar

Callum_Edgar

I haven't posted on here in awhile but i really need some pointers on how to stop these "teeth dreams". I am sick to death of having them, i know my teeth are bad and i just can't bring myself to go see a dentist, its like im taking myself to my death. These dreams happen all the time and i know there trying to tell me to see a dentist but i just can't!. I wanna know if there is any way to stop these dreams from happening i am going through alot right now and when i go to sleep i wanna be able to have a peaceful dream were i can have a life different from my own until i wake up but at least i could escape from it.:shame:

Hi Callum,
really sorry to hear about the nightmares you've been having :(. In our dreams, we tend to mull over stuff that hasn't been resolved or that weighs heavily on our minds, so I don't think there's an easy way of "getting rid" of those dreams.
Have you had any luck in finding out whether there may be services available for people with extreme fear of the d-word in your area? Tackling the problem would probably help with the nightmares. I understand it's not an easy thing to do, though.
Good to see you around :) and apologies for the late reply, I wasn't around much over the last week.

I know what you mean. When I am under stress (not necessarily to do with teeth) I have dreams about my teeth all becoming loose and falling out. Apparently it is a common anxiety dream.

Back