• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

cronic headache - wisdom tooth to blame?

R

robertadam

Hi,

I am trying to figure out why I have constant headache for last 4 or 5 years, growing with a bit more intensity each year. mainly on the left temple but travels over the top of my head also. I figure that it is either one of 2 things, either it is:
a) That it is related to some type of stress and busy home and work life or
b) A friend of mine told me that the lower wisdom teeth have nerves for the head in close proximity which connect all over the head. And a slightly infected or impacted/overgrown root etc can press on the nerves and give you the same head pain. I already had the other wisdom tooth removed on the right side.

Any clues/help???

Robert

My wisdom teeth gave me a slight headach before I got myn removed, so it is very possible.

Hi Mikey,

Thanks for the reply.
Did you have daily headaches? The headache I get is kinda strange, feels like a cold sensation with the pain. Difficult to describe really! Any clues??

Thanks!

My jaw area near the joint also ached along with a slight headache but it just randomly occured, not all the time. Myn were also impacted which was the cause of the discomfort.

OK thanks!

Anyone else got any ideas/suggestions??:confused:

Could be your sinuses? Maybe get it checked out by a GP/physician. A CT scan can show if there are any blockages.

Also, it could be due to sleep apnea. Do you have a short neck and/or are you overweight, and do people say that you stop breathing while you are asleep? If so, arrange for a sleep study. In some patients with both chronic headaches and sleep apnea, treating the sleep disorder has been known to cure the headache.

Last edited:
Hi,

No I do not have a short neck and I am not overweight, so I can rule out those posibilities. Good tip about the sinuses though, it is sometimes tender and sore in my forehead.

You think they need clearing?

Robert

I have no idea - best thing to do would be to see an ENT doctor to check them out :).

Back