• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

feel stupid but need help

That's fantastic news - well done :yay::yay::yay:!!!
I hope you'll get a chance to celebrate your success - have a cocktail on me :sleepyjuice:!

:sleepyjuice:Cheers!

Thank you so much again for everything - I really couldn't have got through it without this website. You are an absolute star!!!

Got slight toothache now but I guess that's to be expected and I have taken some ibuprofen so that should help. I am just so relieved. I couldn't stop smiling when I left the surgery - well, with half my face anyway, as the other half was numb!

How could I tell you before what you would feel now? I knew it, but until you experienced it yourself, my words meant little in comparison.

Now for the future, you know two things for sure:

1. You can make it through.
2. You will feel great relief when it is over.

Focusing on those thoughts will help eliminate much of the anxiety and fears while waiting.

Good job!

And truthfully, I knew without a doubt how you would post and what you would post after your appointment. I have been there and had so many similar feelings. I have seen so many stories of relief from others who have had huge anxieties about the dentist. Now you have "come over to this side." You will be able to help those who have not yet summoned up the courage to cross over.

Oh, now you can go watch that video clip on the root canal procedure, and see what they really did to you. ;D

You are so right, notaloneisee.

Today I booked the second of my appointments - for Monday at 10:30. This one is a deep clean as she says I have to have that before she can put the crown on. Apparently it is going to be quite a massive clean (I haven't been to the dentist for 17 years so I guess that's to be expected even though it sounds disgusting). She has admitted that it might hurt a but but has said she will use the nitrous again and a numbing spray. It was an amazing feeling to pick up the phone and to book the appointment as though it was the normal thing in the world. I'm not cured but I know now I can do it!

I just hope I can help others.