• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Help Having wizzie out with roots wrapped around the nerve on Wednesday!!!

D

dare2820

I am really trying not to be scared but it would help if someone could tell me they've been through this and survived.i hope to be posting a success story next week!!!!!!I'm worried about the numbness afterwards as well as I have never been sedated before!!!!!

Re: Help Having wizzie out with roots wrapped around the nerve on Wednesday!!!

I survived having all four of myn that were impacted out with sedation. It was actually the best appointment in a long time because I have no memory of anything that happened after they stuck the i/v in.:cheers:

I had my wisdom teeth cut out when I was 16 or 17 (they were impacted). I had IV sedation and I remember nothing. I woke up laughing, saying that I wanted to do it again. It was not a bad experience at all, even though I was really worried before it. The oral surgeon prescribed me some pretty strong pain meds and I took those. I didn't really have any pain at all thanks to the meds. My face was bruised, it looked like someone had hit me with a hammer, but it didn't hurt, so I didn't care :) And the recovery was really quick--my parents had a planned trip to visit family in FL three days after my surgery, and I was able to go. I had no problems.

Do they abslutely need to come out? When roots and nerves mix, it's not a good combo (as I suspect you already know)..

I've read that a lot depends on your age. If you're over 30, then the chance of complications increases.

I'd suggest you find the best OS in town and get a second opinion. If your wisdom teeth are not causing you any problems, then prehaps you should just let them be.

I had my 2 upper wizzies out (with 7 other teeth) with IV sedation and I had no problems at all. I'm 45 and had no problems with the wizzies (with the exception of my dentist telling me he had quite a workout trying to get them out). But, I was "out" :sleep: thanks to the IV sedation, so I didn't care, didn't remember!!;D
Best Wishes,
Jen :XXLhug:

Well I must have had a good oral surgeon because so far I seem to be walking free and clear from any nerve damage whatsoever.The surgeon said he didn't even see the nerve so maybe the x-ray showed different so who knows...When I have time,I'll post on the success stories board.

Congrats!:) Glad to hear you're doing fine. Isn't it a relief to get it over with? I had 2 wisdom teeth out last year and I think one of them took about 2 seconds to extract...I wish I could say that's all the time I spent worrying about it!

Congrats!:cheers: Great job!!
I'll bet the procedure went smoother that you imagined!! Imagination is a dental phobic's worst enemy!!
I know when I had my extractions, I felt like a totally different person!!
Again, great job!!:jump:
Jen