• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

IV Sedation Do it or don't do it

D

dare2820

I have never been put out before so naturally I'm scared.I was actually given the option of not being put out and could just have Novocaine and gas but I'm just afraid sine this will be a difficult extraction.it could be unpleasant.I would just like to know if it would be ok not to be sedated since it is only one tooth but I don't know.I;m caught between a rock and a hard place...Thanks!!!!

If it is only one tooth, it might be easier to just have gas, but it is all up to whether you want to be 'un-aware' or not.

i vote for ''do it'' if you have that option.

if you google it you will be able to read 100s of reports about I.V sedation and see what other people think, i have not read a bad report yet :yay:

Well I did it!!!!Worked well but thought it was alot of money for what I'm guessing 20 minutes.I think it was worth.Didn't have any reactions whatsoever.I would do it again if I have to have other one taken out!!!!

How much was it if you dont mind me asking? Its just that i have 2 iv sedation appointments booked in january one for an extraction and one for 5 fillings. It only cost me £45 for the whole lot. Are you in the uk? and if so did you get your treatment done privately or on the nhs?

no,I'm in the US and it cost me something like over 300 dollars for the IV.My total bill was 890 and I went to someone highly recommended due the difficulty I thought I would experience.You can read it on the success stories board titled "my wisdom tooth extraction,its a miracle"

Back