• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

surgery tomorrow

M

Msterrified

Hello everyone I have an appointment tomorrow to have 8 teeth pulled and i am going to have general anesthesia. I am a single mother of two and I wanted to know how will feel after the surgery.

I also wanted to know will I feel okay to stay at home with my children or will I need someone to care for me?

Thanks Ms.Terrified:confused:

Hello everyone I have an appointment tomorrow to have 8 teeth pulled and i am going to have general anesthesia. I am a single mother of two and I wanted to know how will feel after the surgery.

I also wanted to know will I feel okay to stay at home with my children or will I need someone to care for me?

Thanks Ms.Terrified:confused:

I would have thought these questions would have been covered by your surgeon already? In my experience I would say everyone reacts differently to GA and it depends how long you are under as to how long you will feel groggy for afterwards.
I'd say it would be best to get some help with the kids since you wouldn't be considered safe to drive a car, so you wouldn't necessarily be in a fit state to give young children your undivided attention and keep them safe.
You will recover more quickly, the more rest you get so try to get help for a couple of days at least. Take painkillers as soon as you come round (check with doc first) to keep afterpain at bay..there may not be any. Good luck with it.

I had 3 teeth pulled out by GA and i had to have someone stay with me for 24 hrs after but this should have already been told to you.

Afterwards i was very groggy and very sleepy for 2 days after, plus with the tablets i was taking to ease the pain made me more sleepy.

Just make sure you get plenty of rest and somebody is there for you for 24 hrs after surgery.

Good Luck Hun