• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

New denture started to rub,what do i do?

B

babybakey

Hi everyone.
Well ive had my denture (partial) since the 2nd week of december and today its started to rub quite badly - ive only just noticed.
With it being xmas im wondering what i can do to remedy it? would more polygrip work?
im guessing its because my gums have shrunk??

shelly

hi...sorry for the delay in my response, I was without internet access. It sounds like the gums have indeed shunk a bit. You will need to have the partial adjusted soon. In the meantime, you can use some numbing medicine ex: Orabase on the sore spots. Also try using adhesive to stabilize the partial. The sore spots are due to the partial rubbing on the gums, and if you can secure the partial with adhesive, that should ease the rubbing. Also you can try to put the medicine on at night, and sleep without the partial. This should allow time for the area to heal up.

Hope this helps;)

Back