• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Need words of wisdom getting 2 crowns

C

connab

Ok, I have had a couple crowns over the years, and now I have to get 2 on Wed.(great way to spend New Year's Eve). I have my halcion to take, so got that covered. I am so worried that its gonna hurt that night, and the next day the office is closed. I am so freakin scared. Thanks for listening to me.

Advice: Get a prescription for painkillers.

For me 800mg Motrin usually does the trick. Otherwise, I am guessing they will suggest Vicodin as well.

And most offices are available for emergency.

Did you have pain with your crowns before?

no, but I am a little crazy when it comes to my teeth. I am the one that has to always think "what if". I think to much of all the what if's that it makes me so depressed. Logically, I know its wrong to do that but the other part of me just cant help it. I even worry about the Halcion that I am gonna take. What if it doenst work for some reason? what if, the pharmacy gave me old pills? All these what if's are horrible. Like I said I know logically that I shouldnt be like this but I just cant help it.

Trust me...I am no different.

I remember that an oral surgeon recently (who I did NOT like...posted elsewhere) gave me xanax for nerves.

I had two thoughts that scared me...

What if it doesn't work? My nerves were in overtime, so I doubt it did.

What if it DOES work and I have a car crash on the way home? ;D Again, I doubt it worked, and my driving was not affected. It was .25mg.

It is our crazy thinking that brings here. If we all thought logically, we would not worry about dentists.

Everyone has their fears...ours just happen to be dentists.

Thanks. How wonderful life would be without worries.

Back