• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Don't know what to do...

G

gammaxgoblin

I have generalized anxiety issues, among other things, but dont like the dentist specifically. Many factors have contributed to current sad state of my teeth, but I have made alot of progress, mentally, and very much want to get my smile back. My right canine is about half gone and the tooth behind the left canine had broken off now. I have modified my smile and how I talk to try to hide the missing teeth. I am ashamed of this. I have also lost about 4-6 other rear/molars, so my only completely healthy upper teeth are the two front ones. The insurance is the reason I cant just get everything fixed and I dont know what the least expensive route will be. I know I cant afford a bunch of implants so I have made peace with a partial upper denture. I frankly just want to not be self conscious about smiling and laughing. What do I need to do?:(

If money is an issue you can always contact the local colleges to see if they have a dental program. I know here in GA. you can go to a few of them and they are either free or really cheap, because they are learning. If you dont want to go that route, then talk to friends and look in the phone book for Dentist that deal with people that are scared. They can work up a treatment plan to see what needs to be done and how much it will cost. There are some really good dentist out there just give them a chance. Also, if you have lost so many of your teeth, just call a Denture making place and price them to see how much it will be and go from there. Good luck and I wish you dental happiness.

Back