• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wanted to give some encouragement to everyone

T

TerrifiedTerrified

Hi everyone
First of all I am a HUGE chicken when it come to the dentist and have a major phobia about it, it causes panic attacks stc in me.

Anyway today I needed a deep clean, those very words struck absolute fear in my heart, I felt sick and prayed for death!!!
My dentist though pescribed some valium for me and numbed my mouth. WOW WOW WOW, the valium took a good edge of my fear for starters.
Then the whole process went very quick and I didn't feel a thing (I had a local anesthetic) , I couldn't believe how quick it went and I had a lot of cleaning to be done.
I felt the local but it's bareable, the cleaning nothing at all maybe be a bit of pressure on some teeth but no pain.
The thing that took the longest was the measuring of the depth of the pockets but that was at the end.
Also the biggest news was , when he was done I just mentioned that the top of mouth didn't feel numb, he said he didn't give me a local on the top, WOW and I didn't even feel any pain from the deep clean there, I couldn't believe it, it really wasn't as bad as I thought!!!!
I am so glad he didn't tell me though otherwise I would of freaked!

I was so darn proud of myself.
I just wanted to share (this long) story with you all as if you are frightened , please don't be scared to ask for some meds, local anesthetic , or whatever they can give you to make it a little better for you. Don't suffer in silence like I did for so many years.
I am 41 and this is the first time I had valium to help, I suffered for a long time.........

I feel on top of the world even though i need this done once a year but know I know I can do it!!!!! (and so can you :)

Much love and :grouphug:hugs to all

Congradulation, now all u have to do is keep it up!! Great job, you should be proud!!:party:

Back