• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Starting to get nervous again!

S

smyi2

Here we go! I got a appointment at the (1st) dentist tomorrow to finish my cleaning. Right after that, I have to go to another (2nd)dentist to do the re-root canal in the same day... 2nd dentist was a referral from the 1st dentist. I called the 2nd dentist today to confirm my appointment and the front desk lady was rude. It's making me fear that that dentist won't do a good job and that scares me! eekk!!!

Good luck and don't you worry. The same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago. My primary dentist referred me to an Oral Surgeon to get extractions done. When I called, the receptionist was so rude and insensitiv. When I told her I wanted to schedule an appointment to have 7 extractions done, she said "Oh my God!! All in the same day!!..Whoa!"..I was very hurt by that. I also thought the dentist would be like that too, but he wasn't. He was very kind and accomodating. Hang in there, you will be ok.

Hi & :welcome: I can totally understand your fears, as my dentist office has one receptionist that I really hate to have on the phone, as she can be quite rude. In fact many times I have hung up the phone and called back later so I could talk to someone else:redface: Many times the dentists are not aware of how the receptionists are talking to thier patients. My dentist is really great and nothing like the one rude receptionist. I will keep my fingers crossed that you will find the samething is true with your dentist.

Keep us posted:XXLhug:

Todays the big day! I'm so nervous... Thank god They gave me valium. I will post under success stories when I come back.. (hope its a success?).

Back