• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Should I get a bridge done?

D

dinosaur1

location of tooth that is missing: bottom right row, second to last tooth

I never had an adult tooth grow here because it's hereditary, etc....so my dentist told me that I should have a bridge done which after insurance will cost $1,800. They told me the reason is if the gumline gets too low that would have to surgically correct it. How many people have had no bridge done even though the dentist says they should get it done? How long can I go without having it done or shouldn't I risk it? It has been this way now for well over 10 years.

People can go for years with that tooth missing and suffer no ill effects and besides you could always have a partial denture (a lot cheaper) than a fixed bridge. Good luck!

People can go for years with that tooth missing and suffer no ill effects and besides you could always have a partial denture (a lot cheaper) than a fixed bridge. Good luck!
My wife told me a bridge in Europe would cost $300 done by a professional dentist.

My dentist here told me that if I do not get a bridge done it could lower my gumline which means a surgical operation would be necessary in that area of my bridge and also my jaw could be crooked over the years. True?

Back